Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Strange one

ignat

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
Hi everyone, from sunny Morocco
:)
This morning tried unlocking the car with the keyfob, but there was no response. at all.

So I unlocked the door expecting the alarm to go off. nothing again. Then I put the key in the ignition and tried turning it over, and nothing. Absolutely dead.

I figured the battery must be dead. So I opened up the bonnet to check the voltage and suddenly it all came to life! :? :think:

Since then it had been working no problems at all. Noticed that the clock had stopped in its tracks around the time I locked it last night ..

BTW the battery was just fine. Over 12v. :think:

Not sure if this is related to the immobiliser ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated :thumbup:

Interesting :think: When I first bought Fiery I had a very similar fault but far more intermitant & short lived :|

It turned out that although the positive terminal conection was fully tightened the clamp was loose on the terminal as the clamp had not been pushed fully home before it was tightend, so just required loosening, pushing down/fully home then re-tightening to cure the fault :thumbup:

If not this then as 'fridayman' suggests it must be some kind of loose conection for certain, a duff alarm/immobilizer shouldn't stop the clock from working :?

PB150065.jpg

I had the same with my Hilux and it turned out to be a worn battery post. The clamp was fully nipped up but the post was oval and the clamp slightly corroded so when it moved around it would lose a good contact.

Have also heard of the battery terminals going 'kaput' internally especially if you often find yourself on bumpy roads, thus although it may all look good and tight at the connections on the outside, the fault might not be that easy to spot...

Hope you get it sorted soon, my 5pence worth anyway...

We've been down there October last year, but did not get much further south than Marrakesh and the Dades Valley. Would love to return some time in the future to tackle the sand dunes further down.

Thanks it was the neg connection got a bit loose. must have been the corrugations :twisted:

All sorted now :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back