Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Strip decals

59codsy

Hi all, does anyone know where I can buy the gold strip decals for the 80

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi all, does anyone know where I can buy the gold strip decals for the 80

I don't know what you mean, surely not something like this from the Middle East...? :eusa-naughty:

image.jpeg

(Couldn't find a pic of an 80 with these, but the do have something similar.... Yuk)

No mine has two 4mm gold twin stripes

No mine has two 4mm gold twin stripes

Thank goodness for that!

Still don't know them, are they on the door rubbing strips?

Give us a clue codsy, a photo or something.... :?

e309a8cbdad6d9b9db0b57e029f59370.jpg
. You will have to close in to see them

Google Gold Pin Stripe Tape, should find something although most seem to be 3mm not 4mm

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
my white 1997 one had twin black lines on. I think they were after market. I took them off and it looks far better without. Pinstripes are a bit 1990's. Before you buy any Codsey I would take yours off (hot water or hairdryer makes it very easy) and see what you think without them

I quite like them, I had Morris 1000 in the 70's with them on trying to get truck as near to original as possible

DSC_5720.jpg

Al the late 80's (post '96) I've seen have them. On mine they're two dark gold 3mm parallel stripes set 3mm apart in the body crease just above the door handles. All the lower plastic body mouldings, the TURBO decal, plus some other rather garish stick on stripey pattern decals (for non UK markets probably) are on the EPC but the thin gold striping is not. Definitely factory though. You can probably get pin striping and other decals made to order these days cheap enough so shouldn't be much of a job to replicate.

My 98 Opal grey Amazon has the same stripes as TP's but in dark grey. I think its a 97-8 VX thing.

I would have thought you could get pinstripe in various colors and widths on a roll from halfrauds, or similar.

But from factory, surely they'd install them under the laquer coat? Just thinking out loud...

A vinyl graphics place will be able to do them I'd think, mine has them too and quite like them, not gold though they're grey

My 98 Opal grey Amazon has the same stripes as TP's but in dark grey. I think its a 97-8 VX thing.

Funny that - because my 97VX also has the dark grey pinstripes on the "shoulder" as described but mine's a 90!!

I would have thought you could get pinstripe in various colors and widths on a roll from halfrauds, or similar.

But from factory, surely they'd install them under the laquer coat? Just thinking out loud...

The stripes match the TURBO decals and they're not lacquered over either. To withstand almost 20 years of weather, cleaning and polishing with no signs of peeling off they're obviously stuck on quite well though! Being stuck on top of the laquer coat just makes it a bit more awkward when applying polish. I've had bikes in the past were the decals and decoration was lacquered over and some were they were stuck on top. Perhaps it's just easier applying the stripes after the painting process is complete rather than applying base coat, than sticking the stripes on and then the final laquer coat?

Looking at the photos in the August '97 LC sales brochure the Colorado VX has them and the GX does not. Same for the 80. VX has stripes, GX does not. ??

Back