Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sub Diesel Tank

OK, didn't realise that,

May be the chassis width just behind the back axle, and the chassis at the rear most.

Gra.

There are sub tanks made to be used as part of an LPG conversion. About £225+VAT and 45 litres from memory if thats of use. Made specifically for a 95.

On the 90/95, the fuel tank goes up under the rear I think? Where a spare would go? On the 120 with an under slung spare there's a cross-member there with the winch unit on it. What's in that place on the 90 & 95? Ie does the fuel tank fit around a cross-member, or take the place of the cross-member?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is what the rear under of an LC3 looks like.
Top of the photo is towards the front.
I think the coily thing is some sort of return diesel fuel cooler?

Land Cruiser underneath rear (1).jpg
This is pictured from passenger side to drivers side
Land Cruiser underneath rear (6).jpg
Gra.

On the 90/95, the fuel tank goes up under the rear I think? Where a spare would go? On the 120 with an under slung spare there's a cross-member there with the winch unit on it. What's in that place on the 90 & 95? Ie does the fuel tank fit around a cross-member, or take the place of the cross-member?

On the 95 (a 90 may be the same - I don't know for sure) the fuel tank hangs from the body, there are a couple of box-section ribs under the boot floor that locate the ends of the steel straps that hold the tank.

The fuel tank and one of the support straps are just visible behind the axle, here:

DSCN5668-1.jpg

Below the tank is a steel tank guard that is mounted on the chassis - on the main chassis members at the sides and on the rear-most cross member at the back.

DSCN5705.jpg

There is a large cross-member above the rear axle, visible in my first pic above, but shown more clearly here.

Chassis-Detail-1.jpg

The exhaust is also quite intrusive under there.

Typically, I don't have a good picture of the fuel tank and its mountings :doh:

Hope this helps.

Bob.

Yes, the "bottleneck" is at the front.

Sorry Gra - only got home after 9 last night in horizontal rain - wasn't about to go crawling around under my 120 then :lol: hopefully get there for you today.

Cheers

Sorry Gra - only got home after 9 last night in horizontal rain - wasn't about to go crawling around under my 120 then :lol: hopefully get there for you today.

Cheers
Hey Gary,

No way would I expect you too. :hand:

Any time in the next few weeks is fine.:icon-biggrin:

No rush,

Gra.

All Prados/Colorados 90/95 have a 90 liter main tank.

The sub tank have 60 liters. The 3rd generation 4runner main tank, serves as a sub tank for 95 series.

I don't know if a sub tank fits in to swb ( 90 series ).

90 + 60 = 150 liters :clap:

Cheers

This is definately the case if you look at the picture of the underside of a 3rd gen 4runner

aux-tank.jpg

It is the same tank as shown as the sub tank in the Ellery Prado manual.

I have now managed to find one from a breaker - tank plus guard and all pipes £50 :icon-biggrin:
When I got it had a measure and it will fit lovely in fact the space on a 95 is a little bigger than a 4runner as the wheelbase is longer.
Just got to find the time to fit it now. :icon-cry:

Thought I would update this in case anyone searches in the future. Will take some pics when I fit it.

YES i still have two tanks they go across behind the rear axle - sorry if i dont respond very regular im a busy man :icon-biggrin:

I found this 75 L tank for the shorty it made by brunatti in Italy...any feedback?

Back