Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suddenly Refused to Start

Kolokotronis

Country Flag
greece
I am hoping that the collective wisdom of members here may be able to help with this problem. Since I have owned it for 20 years now, this vehicle is like a member of the family and I don't want to give up on it! I parked up the other evening, went to start it the next morning and the engine turned but it would not start. I have established that there is fuel, spark and compression. That has brought me to the end of my mechanical expertise. A few points that may help: it is fitted with an LPG system; and the plugs are very wet after I have turned the engine over, as if there is excessive fuel going through. I have asked my local mechanic to have a look at it but he is also mystified, one issue being that I live in Greece and this model was not sold in Greece. So the mechanics here don't have any experience with the 4.5 petrol engine. It occurred to me that the problem may be something to do with the immobiliser, but would I still be getting fuel and spark if it had somehow immobilised itself? Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Back