Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sunroof

Simon5030

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi guys
Sorry to have to bleed you dry of information and a big thanks to all so far:clap: but hopefully once i have learned enough i can start to give back!:icon-biggrin:

So i take a look at my sunroof today and find there seems to be a large problem with rust!!!!:thumbdown:
Badly rusted between the steel frame that is bonded to the glass and rubber seal that sits on the outside
IMG_20140914_173241.jpg

At this point it doesnt seem to leak but i cannot recall if it has rained to any degree in the last 8 weeks since i have had it! yes i know this is not like UK weather!!! :clap:

So my plan is to carefully remove the glass and bonded frame then try and remove the rubber seal without doing too much damage to see how big the problem is. I hear you say 'why not remove the rubber seal in situ' thought about that but if i need to protect or paint at that point its not easy to access especiallif i need to effect a temporary repair while a purchase another as it looks pretty bad to me!

I cannot work out how to remove the glass:think: there is a cover (removed in next pic) and all i can see is one screw towards the back

IMG_20140914_173453.jpg
IMG_20140914_173422.jpg

The plastic trim on the upper section seems to be fixed quite firmly in position so didnt want to force it in case i broke it, only thing i can think of is to remove both the screws and see if it slides upwards and outwards?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Simon

Simon - do you have the FSM? Think it covers it all there ...

Gary
Been looking for it but in the downloads section there is nothing for the 120s except the maintenance one but nothing in that one
Do you know where i can get a copy?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Gary/ Simon,

I know this post is quite old now but I'm having the same problem with my LC 5 sun roof.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the FSM?

Also any advice/ tips on removing/ refitting the sunroof would be great.

Just in case my email is [email protected]

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
Hi Gary/ Simon,

I know this post is quite old now but I'm having the same problem with my LC 5 sun roof.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the FSM?

Also any advice/ tips on removing/ refitting the sunroof would be great.

Just in case my email is [email protected]

Cheers
Ben
Ben

I will drop you an email, had my sunroof out early this year!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Useful thread. Thank you for the heads-up. On the back of this I've done some preventative stuff on my sunroof.

Back