Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

suspension question

smokyjoe

well first up hello to all in forum land :thumbup:

I have a colorado and have completed the body lift and now need to lift the suspension,
i have called around and had decided on the ironman lift kit but there is an 8 week wait :thumbdown:
how do suspension spacers work and where do i find them as i may just raise it that way for the time being.

thanks in addvance for the help.

Have a read of this post from last week. There are pictures of the spacers that you are talking about and a whole debate regarding the suspension question.
You get them from the States. But I do have a set in my garage. The rear ones come from Oz.

Chris

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8186

Chris said:
Have a read of this post from last week. There are pictures of the spacers that you are talking about and a whole debate regarding the suspension question.
You get them from the States. But I do have a set in my garage. The rear ones come from Oz.

Chris

That is a vey informative thread and one that i never read as ive already plumped for 265/75/16s, but now i am confused :?
you say fitting a 30mil spacer above the strut will raise the jeep 2 and a half inches in my mind it would only raise it 30mil as this is all you have added to the struts length.
am i missing something here.

you say you happen to have some lying around gathering dust yeh ;)

It doesn't work like that. You are messing with geometry here. I can't work out all the angles and dangles, but making the strut effectively longer does not just raise the vehicle bay the same height.

More than that and I shall have to start making it up.

Chris

Chris said:
It doesn't work like that. You are messing with geometry here. I can't work out all the angles and dangles, but making the strut effectively longer does not just raise the vehicle bay the same height.

More than that and I shall have to start making it up.

Chris

In my simple mind it does :lol: :lol: i knew i should have payed attention at school :shock:

anyway back to these spacers you have gathering dust are you planning to use them again ;)

No. I don't have a 90 anymore. You will need some longer studs to fit them though. I would mail Fat Bobs in the USA and get 6 more. We can talk about this off line if you like. Better then public ping pong.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
No. I don't have a 90 anymore. You will need some longer studs to fit them though. I would mail Fat Bobs in the USA and get 6 more. We can talk about this off line if you like. Better then public ping pong.

Chris

ive always been partial to a bit of ping pong :lol:

pm sent

Have you ever set fire to a ping pong ball :?: :twisted: :lol: Or have the nannies stopped all that :roll: :?:

no but im never one to shy away from a challenge
Oh do it, do it, it's awsome :twisted: & burn some wire wool while you're @ it :twisted: Awsome to :twisted: but in a different way :lol:

Has anyone else had trouble getting suspension for the colorado then :(
i was told it would be here in 8 weeks then when i rang back after 7 weeks i was told it had been delayed so would be another 2 weeks,
ive now been told its another 2 weeks :(
i could have driven to aus in that time.

smokyjoe said:
Has anyone else had trouble getting suspension for the colorado then
Yep :) Mine to :) I've paid the deposit & now just patiently waiting :whistle:

I had mine fitted up at West Coast 4x4, Ironman package B. Took about a month to arrive as it's incredibly popular!

Worth the wait though, it does exactly what it says on the tin!

IronmanSuspension.jpg

Tommo&Claire said:
I had mine fitted up at West Coast 4x4, Ironman package B. Took about a month to arrive as it's incredibly popular!

Worth the wait though, it does exactly what it says on the tin!

IronmanSuspension.jpg
Another :thumbup: for the Iron Man, and :thumbup: for the West Coast guys'

Graham

sae70 said:
Yep :) Mine to :) I've paid the deposit & now just patiently waiting :whistle:

yeh but i am runing out of patience as its been 9 weeks now :shock:
hopefully now that more people are waiting it might only be two weeks like i was told on the blower yesterday.

Got my lovelly shiney bits yesterday so is there anything i should watch out for while fitting the ironman kit or is it pretty straight forward ;)

All tips will more than likely be taken on board and then promtly forgoten :lol:

Daniel911 said:
I had mine within a week. Happy day's
West Coast did my springs and shocks. - 120 series,
When I asked when they could do them, they said about 3 weeks, as the springs and stuff was on it's way from Aus.
Sure enough, a few weeks later, I got a call off Paul, to say this kit was in, and when did I want it fitting.

I think the Iron Man kits are gaining pace now, and West Coast probably mail order out, many more kits than they fit.

Still the best for value, even if you do have to wait.

Graham

smokyjoe said:
Got my lovelly shiney bits yesterday so is there anything i should watch out for while fitting the ironman kit or is it pretty straight forward ;)

All tips will more than likely be taken on board and then promtly forgoten :lol:
TIPS, , , ,

Let West Coast fit it all for you.

Man them guys are fast,
Even when there are all the rusted and seized solid nuts and bolts, they just get on with it.

Saves the skin and the knuckles,

Graham

Back