Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Swing rear bumper & Shower system

Thanks Shane. Acayx from Spain make it. Only on order apparently, they don't have any in stock :)
Check out their website Acayx 4x4 they have lots of pics of a similar one on 150.

I strongly suggest to watch the vehicle weight carefully. If you use MT Tyres you can easily just use one spare tyre.

I had one puncture at 120`000km / 75`000 miles.

If you add everything what you "may need" you will have to winch out of any mudhole in africa, because of the over weight...

Probably you will find my Mods I wouldn`t do again for overlanding article helpfull.

Kaymar is one of the manufacturers which produce swing out bars.

Surfy

Last edited:
Thanks Surfy. Yes, Weight is big issue. We have ditched quite a few things like roof racks etc to compensate for the weight. Westcoast guys are sensible, they have also given genuine advise about it. My LC has driven on same tyres to India, multiple times to Northern Norway and they seemed ok for the upcoming trip. But last weekend some troubled soul decided to slash them with a knife while parked only 100 yards from my house :( I will probabaly end up buying all 4 again. Kaymar ones not available in Uk/Europe until Octover and they are among the most expensive ones out there.
I strongly suggest to watch the vehicle weight carefully. If you use MT Tyres you can easily just use one spare tyre.

If you add everything what you "may need" you will have to winch out of any mudhole in africa, because of the over weight...

Probably you will find my Mods I wouldn`t do again for overlanding article helpfull.

Surfy

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 30
Woah - so bad! I hope you have some kind of insurance, otherwise it is expensive :-(

In Africa they would repair it - but at 50-60km/h on dirt tracks, is something different compared to 150km/h and highway driveing...

Surfy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Kanya,
Surfy's articles are well worth a read anyway.
I wonder if your misfortune is to do with the latest batch of tree huggers ?
Whoever they are, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their a***holes.

Insurance access is similar to the tyre cost so won’t really be much useful. I had spare a under the boot which I have never used since I bought these all together. Breakdown tyre company didn’t have this brand tyre so ended up putting whatever they had in this size, they only had one type! I had taken a day off to drive it up to Southport next morning so had to get it sorted in the night.
Woah - so bad! I hope you have some kind of insurance, otherwise it is expensive :-(

In Africa they would repair it - but at 50-60km/h on dirt tracks, is something different compared to 150km/h and highway driveing...

Surfy

Kanya,
Surfy's articles are well worth a read anyway.
I wonder if your misfortune is to do with the latest batch of tree huggers ?
Whoever they are, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their a***holes.
Thanks Tractionman. Will have a read. Couldn't agree more to the parasitic revenge :p

Read your Surfy. Excellent info. Will keep it in mind. Thanks.

Surfy

Back