Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream for HZJ105?

keenasmustard

Country Flag
australia
Hi all,

Wondering whether anyone has been able to get Techstream working with their HZJ105, or another pre-OBD2 100 series? I'm trying to access the ABS computer to perform a full brake system bleed, but I can't get the vehicle to talk to the computer.

I've got a Mini VCI cable and an adaptor to go from OBD2 to the old Toyota 22 pin diagnostics port. I've also downloaded and activated Techstream software version 12.20.024 and set my region to Other. Theoretically this should be compatible with any OBD1 or OBD2 Toyota vehicle, including the HZJ105.

Nothing happens in Techstream when I plug the vehicle in or switch the ignition on. When I try to select the car manually, the only relevant option I can find in the list is "HZJ", which then gives the four sub-options listed below. I have tried all of these and none of them seem to work. Appreciate any advice if you have been through this process yourself.

1629277793827.png

Maybe yours is different but my 2005 standard 105 is all mechanical and has no OBD port whatsoever.

Back