Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tent Advice Appreciated

Quick update. Taken off the roof tent and awning 100KG and the custom made marine ply draws 52kg. 100 amp battery weighted 22kg. The truck feels a lot lighter and faster especially up hills / mountains. Rear packed and appears to me there's not as much space in the 80 as I would like. Having to use some items for the rear seats for now and maybe look at a trailer setup eventually as an option. Rear weight of items around 130KG and won't go over 160KG to include 90 amp battery box ( More on this later) and fridge.

1625812562995.png

Dear All,

This might be like hijacking and intruding into an existing chain but I thought I will post here as I too am looking at tent and I will continue again after Michael found his tent and ended it. Instead of posting new one thought of posting on existing one.

I too m looking at inflatable tents, most of tents including the one Michael got are out of stock. I checked on millets, decathlon, gooutdoors, vango site and zempfire.

Being my first tent, wanted to experiment with low cost one so selected the below two. We are a family of 3. I dont think I will be able to lift more than 20kgs so weight restriction as well so planning to buy a trolley or suitcase with wheels to carry these tents.

EurohikeAir 600 Tent​

Discount Card Price£380.00

INFLATABLE CAMPING TENT AIR SECONDS 4.1 F&B 4 PERSON 1 BEDROOM​

£279.99

INFLATABLE CAMPING TENT - AIR SECONDS 4.1 - 4 PERSON - 1 BEDROOM​

£199.99

NFLATABLE CAMPING TENT - AIR SECONDS 5.2 F&B - 5 PEOPLE - 2 INNER TUBES​

£449.99

1. With Eurohike there is more space than we need. In general more is always better but my doubt is more space an advantage when it comes to camping or a disadvantage? Weight 18.7kg
2. With Quencha 449 tent, the cloth is thick and has UV protection. is it worth extra money for UV protection or is UV protection coating spray better with cheaper tent. Slightly overweight but will get a trolley
3. Quality vs price which would be better as first tent?

Please suggest. Thank you

Back