Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The corona virus thread

I auditioned for 'Deliverance' but I didn't get the part as my neck wasn't red enough, and I didn't look inbred.

The second picture is of me when I had Covid-14, it wasn't a dangerous virus, it just made you pull strange faces for a day or two.
I think you got that mixed up, that's your passport photo !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just seen on the news government have announced death figures have dropped.
Very clever, now loads of people will be thinking it's all over and revert back to normal.

We've had an ice cream van turn up today. It's almost back to normal round here.

Just seen on the news government have announced death figures have dropped.
Very clever, now loads of people will be thinking it's all over and revert back to normal.
I have noticed a steady increase in traffic over the last week,. since there have been mutterings about easing the Lockdown.

The prats at the CO-OP head office have down graded my wife and all CO-OP shop workers, from a Key worker to an Essential worker, but she still has to deal with the public on a day to day basis.

There is no answer other than the invention of a vaccine . The world won't stop turning and silence from gov is not an option so rhetoric swings in roundabouts , delay delay delay the inevitable has been the plan all along everywhere . They could force lockdown until a cure is found but by then there might be no money left to keep hospitals open .

China didn't wish this on any other country why would they when they were winning the global economic race but if word got out they would have been hobbled while the race continued , must guess it never occurred to them that it would cost them a lot more when all their customers shut down as a result .

Money makes the world go around and it has less conscience than this virus .

There is no answer other than the invention of a vaccine . The world won't stop turning and silence from gov is not an option so rhetoric swings in roundabouts , delay delay delay the inevitable has been the plan all along everywhere . They could force lockdown until a cure is found but by then there might be no money left to keep hospitals open .

China didn't wish this on any other country why would they when they were winning the global economic race but if word got out they would have been hobbled while the race continued , must guess it never occurred to them that it would cost them a lot more when all their customers shut down as a result .

Money makes the world go around and it has less conscience than this virus .
In all probability second wave in the offing then?

Yes and no , the panic up top was the possibility or even expectation of dead bodies in the streets because services where overwhelmed , if lockdown ends it will only come back if the same threat returns . Beginning to end its always been about manageable casualty numbers . The problem isn't going away but confidence is growing that they have the facilities they need to manage until a cure is found .

Don't overlook a treatment. Vaccine is number one, but a cure is also desirable. People are also working on treatments. A vaccine's no good if you already have it.
I don't know who's making the hypodermics for vaccinating the entire population, but I wouldn't mind a share of 65 million needles.

I'll give you a first hand example of the nobs we are up against here, with the possible spread and prolonging of the virus and delaying decent folk returning to work, and he won't be alone.
A neighbour opposite me, who lives with his elderly mum, who has never adhered to anything said, always going to paper shop every morning, taking mum on regular jaunts to beauty spots, receiving family visitors, did this evening knock on my door and when I opened, made to step in, I had to hold out my hand and tell him to step back.
Reason for visit, - he had a stool with a broken leg he wanted me to repair, ( he is totally useless). I had to remind him to step back, as he constantly moved closer, so I 'dismissed' him.
Probably end of friendship with said neighbours, but nobody needs nobs like this now, that care little about the situation or anyone else.

They say ignorance is bliss , i never really appreciated that statement until a 20 year old ditzy i once knew stepped up to me in a pub to offer her condolences because my mother was murdered . My cat died she said with the most sad and solom face and then after a short pause "but he's in heaven now" with beaming smile of happiness .
I was a volatile boy in those days and given the circumstances even the biggest lunatics i knew were giving me a wide berth unsure of how i might react but that girl somehow restored my faith in humanity and to this day i wonder if she might be the only person i ever envied in my entire life , i wanted her ignorance .

I very much doubt your neighbour is willfully flouting the rules "( he is totally useless) " he simply fails to understand and there ain't no cure for stupid .

Just to clarify, "he is totally useless" was after the stool repair request, ie non practical.
Oh he is wilfully flouting the rules, as I have tried to explain to him on another occasion when he tried to talk to me in my front garden, coming close to the gate, - he just smiles like a hillbilly.

IMG_1855.jpg

I bought that fridge magnet at Chicago O'Hare Airport back in 1998, the flight had been delayed, so we started boredom shopping, strange how thing never go out of fashion, now were all boredom online shopping.

Back