Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The disappearing landcruiser!

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
I don't know where this story came from, it was forwarded to me by a friend, yes I do have some. :lol:

V8 Land-Cruiser in Saudi falls down a 60m well.
You'd think that they'd at least put up a flag to let people know there's
A 60 m hole there.

This happened in Saudi a few days ago.
In areas where there is fresh water under ground the locals dig wells and support the sides with concrete and stones to keep the sand from
Falling back in to the well. Some of these are up to 100 meters deep.
This particular one was 60 meters deep and 4 meters wide, located outside the small town of Riyadh in the center of Saudi.
The guys went out in the desert for a bit of 4X4 fun on a Thursday when one of them drove into the well and dropped 60 meters to the bottom with his V8 Cruiser.
Rescue workers retrieved the car and the driver had a mild concussion from hitting his head against the wind screen.

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Hard to believe he is alive!

Last edited:
A whole desert to drive in and you have to end up down a well - what are the odds of that!!! A bit like being hit by a meteorite I would think. By the looks of the LC, he is lucky it was a LHD.

jeepers! Lucky chap! a pile of stones around the edge would stop the odd cammel dropping down and peeing in the water too!
Steve

Apparently they were still able to drive it once they got it out, but I am sure it goes round corners better one way than the other now.

But it is a good example of why you should avoid night driving offroad.

I cant believe they would be so stupid as to not put anything around it! :?

A whole desert to drive in and you have to end up down a well - what are the odds of that!!! A bit like being hit by a meteorite I would think

Or, dare I say it, having all that airspace to play with and hitting the boom of a crane. :eusa-shhh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
He must have kept hitting the sides, slowing him down - surely!?

Otherwise I can't see how you can escape a sheer vertical drop of 60m in any car with just a mild concussion?

P.S. Are you sure there isn't a base-jumping version of the 80, that has a parachute instead of the spare wheel?

P.P.S. Good thing the well wasn't full of water - it would've been ironic if you drowned in the middle of the desert! :wtf:

Last edited:
Luck is a relative thing , this fella has my kind of luck , i've survived all sorts but if anyone was unlucky enough to fall down a 60m deep well in the middle of the M4 it would be me !

Back