Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Edit Button-Giving members more control.

Graham said:
Then run the back up to reinstate the deleted or adjusted posts.
It's not that simple Gra....

I run a very large motorcycle forum and also have the 15 minute edit time out, there has been no complaints in 10 years.

Why would folk want to edit something indefinitely? I really can't see the reasoning....

Yeah, guess not,

It was just an idea any way, some times posts look and read back different next day.

Gra.

on Mud there was a problem with disgruntled individuals going back and deleting complete "tech" threads when they got ... upset.
this was sad because some of the info posted was excellent reference material.
there is a 24 hour edit on the threads there to prevent this from happening...

in some ways it is a bit of a problem for me as i like to tweak my tech posts as new and better ways or unforseen problems come up during a build.

but

it isn't my forum so what ever works for the owners is fine by me.

<it also has helped in keeping what is posted clean, you don't want to post stuff that you can not change later>

When signing up as a member in t0yoDIY, you are invited to become a part of "the inner circle", as they call it. The conditions include that you are active on related forums, and that you have been posting for at least 2.5 years. They will then check if you appear to be a valued forum contributor - saying it will take them a couple of days. This is info open on their site when you sign up.

It's still OK if we (the bigger we) don't want to post this info here.

It's also OK with a forum where I cannot edit posts - I'm very flexible and adapting - but I still think it is wrong - the wrong approach.

I meant to sent a PM to uhu but was a post by mistake :oops: which is now gone.

toyodiy has the right idea ...
due to Toyota forcing them to remove the diagrams as copyrite infractions.
more power to them.
uHu said:
When signing up as a member in t0yoDIY, you are invited to become a part of "the inner circle", as they call it. The conditions include that you are active on related forums, and that you have been posting for at least 2.5 years. They will then check if you appear to be a valued forum contributor - saying it will take them a couple of days.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back