Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

This was written by the late AA Gill before the EU referendum in 2016, I think it remains as relevant and accurate now, as it was then.

old, philistine scared gits have just as much right to vote whatever way they please, just as you do.

looks to me its the remainers who are the scared gits too frightened to join in...

To call wanting a level playing field for Dutch born teenagers who can't afford to rent a flat or leave home yet see migrants given a flat rent free and a substantial amount a moth to live on Racist is not fair or reasonable
so should they just starve and watch their kids die for lack of medical care in their own country ? or look for a better life through hard work in another country.I've spent years working alongside immigrants here in Spain and the vast majority contribute more than they take , They don't decide housing policy or speculate in the property market .The lack of decent affordable housing is the problem all over the developed world. So why single out refugees as the problem ? i doubt very much if anyone who rocks up in the Netherlands get a free flat & dole but refugees yes maybe .In the UK those seeking asylum get 35 quid a week , mostly in vouchers & are not allowed to work.
The level playing field argument is quickly undercut when those at the bottom ask for a little wealth redistribution from the oligarchs and their supporters .It's tyranny ! Communism ! looking down and fearing those just a little bit below allows the spivs to get away with murder.

Ironic.

I think it was Grimbo that mentioned a few posts ago about Pro-remainers stop whinging and get behind Brexit (or similar), now you're saying they should not be frightened to join in - it's a shame the Eurosceptics didn't take that approach 40 odd years ago as we probably would never have got ourselves into this current situation!

so should they just starve and watch their kids die for lack of medical care in their own country ? or look for a better life through hard work in another country.I've spent years working alongside immigrants here in Spain and the vast majority contribute more than they take , They don't decide housing policy or speculate in the property market .The lack of decent affordable housing is the problem all over the developed world. So why single out refugees as the problem ? i doubt very much if anyone who rocks up in the Netherlands get a free flat & dole but refugees yes maybe .In the UK those seeking asylum get 35 quid a week , mostly in vouchers & are not allowed to work.
The level playing field argument is quickly undercut when those at the bottom ask for a little wealth redistribution from the oligarchs and their supporters .It's tyranny ! Communism ! looking down and fearing those just a little bit below allows the spivs to get away with murder.

Immigration if properly controlled and monitored is not a problem ..... like you I have worked with and alongside many nationalities ....

Where the EU went wrong is allowing and encouraging uncontrolled immigration where by many have no intention of working but do want to take full advantage of a generous healthcare and social support system ..... the benefits paid to a non working male in the Nederland's or UK are much more than that individual can ever hope to earn working at home .... they are not paying anything into the Country they live in so are a net drain ... taking money away from the often poorest people... the low paid zero hrs contract workers desperately trying to not claim state help ....relying on income support that is being cut because contrary to beliefs the State only has so much money .

The EU is actively anti a points based immigration system like Australia operates.... a fair system where if you come into the country you must have a job and be able to support yourself or be sponsored by someone .

Asylum seekers....where to start..... few if any arriving in Holland or the UK can legitimately claim asylum ...they have travelled through other EU states that are safe and free and that is where they should claim asylum ....not get to the EU country with the most generous system of social support before popping up and claiming "asylum" .....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ironic.

I think it was Grimbo that mentioned a few posts ago about Pro-remainers stop whinging and get behind Brexit (or similar), now you're saying they should not be frightened to join in - it's a shame the Eurosceptics didn't take that approach 40 odd years ago as we probably would never have got ourselves into this current situation!
was it put to a referendum them 40 odd years ago?

im 44.

This is such a divided situation on a very large scale. England has instigated and promoted this move. Therefore England has made this scenario and has poorly executed it sofar recently. No deal is very very bad for the country.

Meaning that if there is an adverse affect from lets face it "A millionaire making promises and fooling the masses that are pissed off with austerity, offering a bright future offering an unicorn with a gold spike on it will save us and WE AR going to be so well off! Lets face it and be realistic ... A millionaire doesn't give a flying shit in the woods about you! All they want is the public vote to give the go ahead to implement the plan.

An interesting phrase.... The uk has left the biggest single trade block in the world to be in a single trade block that is smaller than the uk. So that's Scotland, Wales and bodge job england. if no deal we are inflicted with tariffs which will cripple the so called union. We will be broke.

Lets mention the union... or Britain. Northern Ireland is staying in the single market because it's connected to Ireland where it really belongs..... after all it just stolen land from Ireland. Scotland isn't happy, there's a movement in Wales called "Yes Cymru" independence again. What does that leave "Little England?"

UK United (I don't think so) Kingdom (doesn't exist) The union jack is a joke because it doesn't represent all 4 nations.
Great Britain Great (You're joking!) Britain (Wales, Scotland and of course fuckwit england) who is deciding the future for certain people to gain.... not you!

The good thing is that in this thread that it will disclose who is the winner? Leave where we're all going to have millions and be so better off... free trade deal galore

Or remain that had the hindsight and have come to terms with it!

The leave will hit the ground HARD!

It's a shite place to have your country in... full of uncertainty. Good luck everyone hold on tight! :thumbup: :think:

Anyone done a brake fluid flush on their cruiser recently? Winters on it's way..

I wish i knew who is supposed to have believe what lies ?

It might have been my second post regarding this subject on the forum perhaps in response to being asked why i would vote leave and in answer i recounted a conversation i had maybe 30 years ago when headlines were about should Britain adopt the euro as currency .

Hype and waffle is what politicians do my opinions were formed by life experience not adverts or headlines .

Shayne you're a friend.. politicians just need a vote and it doesn't matter after that buddy! :thumbup:

They are all idiots Iwan they work for self gain and its for us to curb their excesses , we can't do that with when nobody knows who is in charge so nobody is responsible for anything .

Indeed Shayne but.. in my view the peoples vote was just the go ahead, the green light and it's rearing an uncertain prospect for the future.

Essentially less connected tradewise which has freaked me out and I do not hold trust in it..

Maybe I'm over reacting but I don't trust it.

Can't trust them because all involved in negotiations are about what's in it for me but ultimately you can trust greed always wins so nobody is going to throw billions into a furnace .

How long the charades and pantomime go on is anyone's guess but all delay hurts profits .

Clock is running down and the truth is raising its ugly head , much ado about fishing and it seems now the plan all along was to have the EU fleet continue as it always has only under a British flag (admin fee at ships registry is under 50 quid) instead and landing the fish at UK ports which helps British fishermen not at all .

Protects the wealth of the wealthy though and bumps gov coffers with tax .

No surprise or disappointment my end any benefits that might come will only come later when we can petition our own gov with a genuine prospect of results .

many have no intention of working but do want to take full advantage of a generous healthcare and social support system .....
So lets have some proof then. This claim is repeated ad nauseam but I've never seen anything like evidence to back it up. Benefits are "generous" compared to developing world income but the problem is that you have to live with European cost of living.so how do immigrants manage when the natives are forced to work in such shitty jobs to survive.Its always the fault of those without a voice , never the spivs and parasites at the top.There is plenty of money for HS2 , Trident and bailing out failed companies that have paid out millions in dividends.To paraphrase Lyndon Johnson as long as the poorest have someone to look down on you can pick their pockets without them noticing.

Back