Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

I don't think that the Gibraltar deal is a surprise to anyone here.Both sides gain from the status quo , 1000s if Spanish folks work in Gib , the British have a military base and more importantly their offshore financial interests. And then there's the fags ! with 75 000000 packets of fags being sold every year to a population of 30 000 there is a massive smuggling industry .Tobacco revenues account for about 25% of the GIB governments budget.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not to worry though, because our fishing is in safe hands.

FFS hands up anyone who can openly admit they didn't do their job & they suffer no consequences.This is what returning sovereignty to Westminister looks like.
" Companies trying to export fish and other Scottish seafood have encountered red tape since the new trading rules with the EU came into force." Brexit = less red tape

Let's put Brexit to one side for a moment and have a look at what's happened here....

The Government minister responsible for Fisheries, an industry that has been at the forefront of the "deal" negotiations and for years has been widely accepted will be (perhaps heavily) impacted, didn't bother to read the final agreement.

If that wasn't bad enough, they actually stood up in parliament and admitted as much. To add insult to injury, the excuse given was that the minister was busy organising a "nativity trail" (whatever that is) and couldn't make time to read the agreement.

And finally, if all that wasn't bad enough, the PM says he has complete confidence in said minister.

Whatever your views are on Brexit, this is totally shambolic and incompetence on an unbelievable scale. How can the UK succeed, if this is the calibre of people leading it?

If similar happened in a private company, that individual would have their P45 by now - gross negligence at best.

This is widely reported in the news across most platforms but I've linked to a couple of reports in the Pro-Brexit/Pro-Tory press, just in case I get accused of some sort of left wing/communist/pro-remain world domination conspiracy.

From the Telegraph

From the Express

Last edited:
Very true chadr - we can't hope to succeed while governed by those who have always been employees of a higher power hence the future is a decade away .

Whats going on now is as catastrophic as losing the teaspoon while moving house , and Jimmy can't lend us the van he promised , and i forgot to cancel the milkman and oh no our sofa is to big to fit . Abrupt change will always bring on headaches but routine always returns .

Last edited:
Let's put Brexit to one side for a moment and have a look at what's happened here....

In summary the government is awful, and while I have a vote I can't really effect change because people in Lincolnshire might vote differently and bizzarely they are considered to be as important as me. In any case the real decision makers aren't voted in directly.

So I propose we dissolve parliament and replace it with a psychic octopus. OK, we may not get what we want but it'll be our octopus, and at the end of the day if it doesn't work out we can eat the octopus and replace it with a squid.

And so on.

In summary the government is awful, and while I have a vote I can't really effect change because people in Lincolnshire might vote differently and bizzarely they are considered to be as important as me. In any case the real decision makers aren't voted in directly.

So I propose we dissolve parliament and replace it with a psychic octopus. OK, we may not get what we want but it'll be our octopus, and at the end of the day if it doesn't work out we can eat the octopus and replace it with a squid.

And so on.
you could be on to something 1+ for eating it if it doesn't work out .Pulpo & calamares are sometimes on the menu in Casa goodoldboy

Very true chadr - we can't hope to succeed while governed by those who have always been employees of a higher power hence the future is a decade away .

So true, that higher power being Hedge Funds, Investment Banks, Oligarchs and so on.....

See the clip below for the type of political mentality that is ruining us and holding us back....as you say the future is 10-15 years away.

Fish are happier....

Hedge Funds, Investment Banks, Oligarchs the kind of people who don't like democracy , the very people who sit in closed door EU meetings .

Fish prices are being battered by covid because everyone likes fish but nobody wants to cook it , whoever can has been processing or freezing and storing it for the best part of a year waiting for restaurants etc to open again .
What i see in this deal is an opportunity to reverse the 20 year trend of fishermen downsizing to target non quota species inshore as the only possible way to remain viable .
A viable quota up to the 12 mile line presents a realistic chance at bread and butter basics so they can equip themselves to push beyond that line . Nature doesn't care about rules so if you have to downsize just to break even on a monthly basis its a gamble of fatal consequence to look beyond that line .

The endgame has always been to have us destroy our own inshore fishing so super trawlers are the only source of this valuable commodity and mackerel can be listed on the stock exchange . And all the while portraying themselves to be the patron saints of preserving fish stocks which is so ludicrous its almost funny .

For 20 years fishermen have been discouraging young men from taking up what was unequivocally a dying trade , can't reverse that overnight .

Hedge Funds, Investment Banks, Oligarchs the kind of people who don't like democracy , the very people who sit in closed door EU meetings
A quick look at the rouges gallery that backed Brexit &supports the Tory party gives the same results. It's capitalism mate innit.
The endgame has always been to have us destroy our own inshore fishing so super trawlers are the only source of this valuable commodity and mackerel can be listed on the stock exchange . And all the while portraying themselves to be the patron saints of preserving fish stocks which is so ludicrous its almost funny .
Again Brexit was seen as a way of accelerating this. The harsh truth is that the fishing industry was used as an emotive leaver in negotiations and sadly some folks were fooled into believing that an utter tool like Rees Mogg actually gave a toss about their lives.

Tell us something we don't know :icon-rolleyes:

Seems ironic though that while your dead set against capitalist democracy you seem to favour governance by those with absolute immunity to consequence :crazy:

Soooooooooo , would this virus not exist were it not for capitalism ?

I'm sure we can all agree 100% that there would be no vaccine without the evil capitalist funds to produce it .

I'm tired of hearing people who voted for Brexit were fooled by lies so i will counter , sheep were herded blindfold en masse once before toward a bigger better brighter future and all they had to do was go with the flow , Scientists , journalists , the poorest and the millionaires either full on supported it or simply accepted with a don't rock the boat kind of attitude that Adolf's idealism would lead them to a wonderful new world . And he would undoubtedly have succeeded in creating his version of that world had he not become an isolated dictator in full public view .
Fortunately it never occurred to him that he could achieve so much more as a part of an unidentifiable group working in shadows with absolute immunity towards that very same utopia .

We did not vote for something , we voted in objection to going with the flow , we do not want the future the EU project dictates .

I hope he would fan the flames its much too cold to stand on doorsteps with me begging cup

Back