Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The people have spoken

Try as i might i can?t imagine Gove or Johnson rocking a loincloth , spear in hand leading a hunting party :tearsofjoy:
You might be willing to follow a leader but i'm not.
A bunch of outlaws , as much as i can admire their actions against authority, had no political agenda & were not trying to shape some form of democracy.Overthrowing the establishment isn't a fantasy , it's a constant struggle & yes plenty of attempts end in failure within some cases authoritarian Left forces taking power.Our mostly comfortable life in developed countries has made some of us forget the battles fought to give us the few right that we have.
So Brexit will bring accountability ? what will that look like ? In the worst health crisis in history the UK government failed spectacularly , causing the avoidable deaths of 10s of thousands of people whilst basically using the pandemic as an excuse to loot public money .
And so to Trump and the USA.
In what was probably the most scrutinised elections in history no more than a handful of people have been charged in the entire country.Despite millions of dollars spent , teams of lawyers , and constant propagation of conspiracy theories nothing even approaching evidence has been found - nada , ni un pelín. The claim that the CIA loaded false data onto Italian military satellites has been described as pure insanity.The pro Trump camp is increasingly looking like a classic cult , as those who voted for him for the most pragmatic reason - lower taxes - drift away only the true believers are left & to keep them on board increasingly fantastic claims are needed.
Alongside all this is some seriously worrying trends.As a country founded on genocide , ethnic cleansing and slavery non white people have had little legitimacy in the so called democratic arena - large parts of the country had de facto apartheid until the 1960s - and voter suppression started during the post civil war reconstruction .The idea that organised fraud in urban areas is rife is a way of de legitimising the black vote & legislation now proposed will make it harder to vote for mostly poorer people.Racism has always been a part of republican and to some extent democrat politicians but now the Trump faction has forged solid links with the far right & outright nazis. Openly saying that they don't accept the legitimacy of the electoral system means that a dictatorship is on the cards.
As for Bidens spending it's about a third of the estimated cost of the pointless war on terror .Meanwhile US infrastructure is crumbling with millions facing blackouts because the inability of the electricity grid to cope with increasing climate change .
Late stage capitalism in the USA is increasingly looking like the last days of the Soviet Union - pointless unwinnable foreign wars , vast military spending , empty supermarket shelves & a ruling elite completely insulated from the consequences of its actions.As ignorant as most folks are about the causes , they are seeing the effects in their lives on a daily basis.A lot of working folks are up to their necks in debt just to keep the lights on and so trump & the uk tories serve up as an explanation , the bogeyman - the immigrant , the unaccountable elites , those who we cant's see in our daily lives , the other .Instead of providing affordable housing or education the UK government engages in a culture war , bringing in legislation to basically outlaw protest , 10 years in prison for bringing down a statue , making being a Gypsy Roma or Traveller illegal .So keep digging the ground from under your feet because shit rolls downhill and your'e much closer to the bottom than you imagine.
the biggest and baddest caveman took the best cave , women and food .
The classic right wing wet dream .The closest iv'e seen to to this in a social group was biker patch clubs that exist in a climate of constant fear & the threat of violence.The so called caveman still exists in Amazonian hunter gatherer tribes where sharing and cooperation are essential for survival.Anyone trying to pull that sort of shit would probably get their head smashed in with a rock.

OK you convinced me , i'd like to live in this idyllic land of anarchy where all live in peace , love and harmony . What do i do , just like move into your house and change the locks :confusion-shrug:

If that's your answer I take it you haven't got anything to counter what I said , but that's what I want no doubts.You seem to accept that a violent dystopia is "natural" and that no alternative can exist .If you want to live in a society with a rigid hierarchy , ruled by whoever is best able to protect the group from attacks by bears , that's your choice.Me , I'm getting on with it.With Anarchy , the means are the ends.

Last edited:
It’ll bring a United Ireland and an independent Scotland eventually.
what’s good for the goose n all that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That Britain will be forced to bow to the mighty empire is the wet dream that prevents solution .

The Good Friday Agreement was a remarkable feat of diplomacy because it succeeded in its goal to demilitarize . The EU borders 19 other nations and presently the GFA is being used out of context , indeed being weaponized to promote the above wet dream .

If democracy is to promote freedom then it must also protect the right to secession .

The Brexit referendum result was no doubt a huge shock to EU supporters and so they don't intend to make the same mistake again, hence the media propaganda machine is loaded with "independent Scotland and Ireland United" slogans .

The determination of this effort to swing the vote suggests to me that the EU data puts the odds at around 50/50 in both cases so they won't throw that dice yet .

Who's accountable for BREXIT in Northern Ireland at the moment? Does the rest of the UK care whats happening there, it seems to have been forgotten.
The Tory government should be , they promised the DUP that there wouldn't be any border in the Irish sea and then signed a deal with the EU that agreed to exactly that.But now it's the EUs fault for being "inflexible"
Basic card playing skills. once your bluff has been called & the cards are on the table no amount of complaining will change things.

Aren't the Ozzies in the Eurovision Song Contest? That must make them part of the EU surely?

as it was with anti immigrant rhetoric before Brexit so you can't really complain .

Why complain ? my opinions are formed by that which i observe in the world in which i live . I have no grand cause , i will live until i die and the world will continue to turn like i never existed .

19 - 16 - 12 :confusion-shrug: lets focus on the immaterial shall we .

Curious how these mighty proponents of liberal freedom now want to censor British TV shown in occupied territories don't you think

OK you convinced me , i'd like to live in this idyllic land of anarchy where all live in peace , love and harmony . What do i do , just like move into your house and change the locks :confusion-shrug:
yes. this is what was happening in Romania under nicolae ceausescu.

apart from the lock changing bit...

Firstly, I never said that DM readers deserve a "smack" as you put it - so please don't put words in my mouth/post.

On the other point, you may or may not be aware that the Daily Mail was one, if not the most, supportive and sympathetic newspapers of both Hitler and Mussolini and fascism in general.
The Daily Mail's owner at the time, Lord Rothermere was a huge admirer of both Hitler and Mussolini and used the DM to promote a pro-Nazi agenda in Britain in the late 1930s. This stance led to him/DM having personal meetings, as an honoured guest with both men and having 1-2-1 interviews etc. Rothermere/DM even congratulated Hitler on the annexation of Czechoslovakia. For a short period they also supported Oswald Mosley and his Blackshirts. However, following the outbreak of WWII, the Daily Mail distanced itself from Nazism and Fascism in general.

Well that was 80+ years ago and yes, in that period ownership has changed and moved on, so has the DM's editorial stance on many things. However the DM's general rhetoric and outlook since, till now has been one tinged with racism and xenophobia - slowly drip feeding hate and fear to its audience. So if you're consuming the "news" from the DM regularly, then it can only help to promote those attitudes and perceptions and eventually legitimise them. It's like the frog in warm water, if you heat the water slowly enough, the frog doesn't notice until it's getting boiled to death.

On to Brexit: Let's take one of the key drivers behind support for the Leave campaign - the fear stoked up around mass immigration from the EU. Remember the Nigel Farage Breaking Point poster*? Or the "Turkey is joining the EU" poster? This was all stoking fear about immigration from the EU, when in fact, (legal) immigration from the RoW was actually running much higher than (legal) immigration from the EU and had been for several years, plus Turkey has very little hope of joining the EU and hasn't for the last 20 years, nor for the foreseeable future. (Ironically the post-Brexit trade agreement we have signed with Turkey might make our relationship with them closer than the EU's).

And finally, just some flavour of the DM's front pages over the last 8-10 years, so you know what I'm talking about.....Tolerance, inclusivity and liberalism are certainly not the first words that come to my mind.

View attachment 173234

View attachment 173237

View attachment 173235

View attachment 173236

* The Breaking Point poster was almost a direct copy of a piece of Nazi propaganda.
View attachment 173245
deserve a "smack" wasnt aimed at you. though i can see why you thought it may be.

regarding the "daily hail" comment. we lived in a very different world 80 years ago, so pretty much irrelevant, but explains your use of this language to a degree.

However the DM's general rhetoric and outlook since, till now has been one tinged with racism and xenophobia
that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. as others are entitled to theres.
if the paper was in fact guilty of the above, the IPSO would have something to say about it. as would the law.

regarding the "breaking point poster". i would agree with you if it was fabricated, or staged. it was not.
its a genuine picture.

It’ll bring a United Ireland and an independent Scotland eventually.
what’s good for the goose n all that.
if brave tart was an english PM she would be labelled as the biggest knuckle dragging, racist, xenophopic, backward, bigoted, uneducated, ignorant daily mail reader whoever dared walk this planet..

I have no grand cause , i will live until i die and the world will continue to turn like i never existed .
good line. the majority of people dont, they just want to live there lives as best they can.

the left do, i have omitted grand on purpose..

Back