Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Think the v8 gremlins are back!

Zeusv8

Lately I've noticed that the rev counter blips and drops of its own accord, and also when I'm driving in slow traffic it's all over the place. Say I'm cruising at 1200 revs and let off the accelerator then press it again there is a delay of a few seconds and then it jumps, almost like the Ecu is like eh did you press the pedal? Oh right here ye go then... Also when I'm driving at normal motorway speed and let off the pedal it takes a few seconds for the car to realise I've released the pedal! Could this be throttle sensor? I've checked for any parts sticking! Thanks,James

Hi James

Not had anything at all to do with the 100 v8. I had read on here a few times that the coil packs can start to give up the ghost one by one wether these are symtoms related to them i dont know. Hopefully someone will pop along who has a better idea.

KArl

Could be the accelerator pedal position sensor, throttle control motor, throttle position sensor, sticky throttle butterfly or none of those. Have you ever cleaned the throttle body? If the throttle body is clean you need a diagnostics session on each of the throttle components. IIRC early pedal position sensors (the spool on the side of the throttle body) were prone to failure. Does it do it on petrol and LPG?

Thanks for the replies , it does it on both fuels and is worse at slower speeds like heavy traffic for jumping up revs and forgetting I've pressed the pedal !Motorway sort of speeds are where it doesn't slow the revs after the pedal is released for about 10 seconds and then it drops maybe 3/400 revs. I will strip down the T/ body and see if it's dirty.

Cleaned it up and now it idles at 1000 revs!! Nightmare, might just leave it in and get it tested. :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
was it very dirty? if so the idle may settle down after a bit of use.

No it was fairly clean which might mean a sensor issue? See how it goes tomorrow and make a call to Mr.T I think :(

Back