Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking about a 60.

Gav missin

I'm giving serious consideration to buying a 60. Got 3 80s and a nice mk4 hilux now it always had a soft spot for the 60. Not ready to buy just yet but just putting feelers out as to whats out there and how much. Ideally a rolling resto job not a basket case.

Rust is the enemy, so even a non runner with less rust should be a good project gav. Seen one or two recently for £2k that would be promising projects. Good luck with the hunt

I'm giving serious consideration to buying a 60. Got 3 80s and a nice mk4 hilux now it always had a soft spot for the 60. Not ready to buy just yet but just putting feelers out as to whats out there and how much. Ideally a rolling resto job not a basket case.
I have always been a fan of the 60 I use to have one, there are a few breaking on e bay... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Land-Cruiser/292540228030?hash=item441cc1a1be:g:RJEAAOSwqIta4t0t.. This ones been mentioned before on previous posts... probably not worth the asking price tho..

Here are some pics of my old 60. Id love to know if its still about..It is still on the DVLA site.

DSCF9474.JPG DSCF9475.JPG

Great looking truck that. Not looking to spend all that tho. Love your old 60.
Thanks. Really miss that old truck. it was a lovely deep blue, Sorry about the blurry pics.A162 GAL If anyone knows if its still about. doubt it tho

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Restoring a 60 is an expensive exercise, even if you do the work yourself parts are hard to come by and very expensive, especially with duty and postage as many have to be obtained from abroad. It will always cost more in parts than you would ever get for it because even a mint original will only fetch £10-15k. Restored will be less

Looks very clean inside so perhaps someone looked after it. Looks promising except it doesnt have a clutch!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-Toy...322367?hash=item33eed5d1bf:g:W7wAAOSwNSZa6d2t This truck is in my old neck of the woods, il get a mate of mine to give it the once over and send me the findings.... if your interested Gav, or any one , il let you know. its still got MOT. but MOT history is rust,rust, rust, How bad ? il let you know..
That's only a few miles from me higgy. Will call him and have a chat. Love auto on my 80s but not so sure on a non turbocharged 60.

I would love one but when reality bites i know it would need a turbo engine out of an 80 at the very least if it were to be anything other than an occasional car . Best looking Toyota ever in my mind - not pretty just pretty BRUTAL :icon-cool:

I would love one but when reality bites i know it would need a turbo engine out of an 80 at the very least if it were to be anything other than an occasional car . Best looking Toyota ever in my mind - not pretty just pretty BRUTAL :icon-cool:
I'm with you on the brutal. For some reason I just got an itch for one and it's not shifting. Love the look of the later square light ones with the retro stripes and a wide set of spoked steels!!!

That's only a few miles from me higgy. Will call him and have a chat. Love auto on my 80s but not so sure on a non turbocharged 60.
Its on Tolney Lane. It use to have a bit of a reputation. even the cops wouldn't go down the Lane.. I think its been cleaned up a bit now. I remember the truck was sold a while back but then appeared back on ebay... So not sure!

I'm with you on the brutal. For some reason I just got an itch for one and it's not shifting. Love the look of the later square light ones with the retro stripes and a wide set of spoked steels!!!
Im the same its an itch that wont go away.. always a 60 fan.... But if someone doesn't bite the bullit and take a risk they will end up in the breakers yard, then Scrap... There are too many 80s being broken for my liking.. maybe Toyota could give out subsidies to keep the old things going, or lottery funding....They would if it was a pile of 15th C shite they'v just pulled out the Thames... ' Just sayin'

Im the same its an itch that wont go away.. always a 60 fan.... But if someone doesn't bite the bullit and take a risk they will end up in the breakers yard, then Scrap... There are too many 80s being broken for my liking.. maybe Toyota could give out subsidies to keep the old things going, or lottery funding....They would if it was a pile of 15th C shite they'v just pulled out the Thames... ' Just sayin'
They can’t even supply the parts!!

Back