Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This diesel shortage then

Watford sounds like the new Venezuela but at least over there the petrol is two cent a litre when you can find a pump that works.

It also has a lot to do with people density and pump availability. Parts of London are 75000:1, many of these pumps were getting a tanker a day before the panic started.

I don't think 75000 people live along the entire nc500 :)

Around here, ASDA has fuel. I gave my accord to a friend with half tank n he was able to fill up easily at ASDA.

If you are to trust my drivers at work Morrisons are the most reliable when it comes to supermarket fuel.

Any luck ?
Nope, had 2 thickness of pipe, but couldn’t get either into the main or the aux tank.
We are not at fumes yet on the wifes car, but the ear ache is at full.
Will go out today to see if I can beat the queues!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you are in the smog (London), I'd suggest heading out of town and north as most services going up the A1 had fuel

Dont head South.. Naff all round here at the moment, Tesco closed, BP and Shell both closed... The funny thing is the main BP and Mc Donalds On the A2 share the same Forecourt.... So folk get in the queue for Fuel, To find out half an hour later they are in the queue for Drive through Burgers and the like.. :lol: ... Iv been thinking about Popping on the Ferry over to Calais, And filling the Diesel Bowser..... Then sell it at Mc Donalds drive through....... :wtf: Its a thought

Last edited:
We have a driver in NW London who has had to fill up at London Gateway services for the last week. His fuel bill is not funny.

Like Higgy was wondering about getting a ferry across the channel don't think the dover route will be any good as Higgy would have emptied the tanks in France so got to make me mind up for the cheapest option of Harwich Immingham or Tynemouth not too worried about distance to travel as got plenty of fuel round here so more than enough for a journey across and a big plus is you get to switch off your engine when you are on the boat saving you fuel whats not to like about that winner winner chicken fuel tank now all I have to do is plan my journey from Somerset in time to catch the boat across

@chadr, not Watford but this morning drove past shell in Welwyn, had fuel, shell on 414 had fuel and bp in park Street had fuel, on my way back the one on the 414 had run out though. I've got a Jerry can (5l/10l) with that lovely e10 stuff in it for my Coleman if you get desperate

Gave up on Dover, So went to Deal, Both Garages empty, Then drove through the village of Ham, Back to Sandwich, You couldn't even get into Sandwich Town I turned Back and Gave up... That was No Ham, Sandwich, Deal..

Should have kept on to Rye cause it makes you GO faster

@chadr, not Watford but this morning drove past shell in Welwyn, had fuel, shell on 414 had fuel and bp in park Street had fuel, on my way back the one on the 414 had run out though. I've got a Jerry can (5l/10l) with that lovely e10 stuff in it for my Coleman if you get desperate
Thanks for the heads-up Nick - also a very kind offer. :thumbup:

I probably don't have enough fuel to get there now - used most of the little that was left looking for fuel in the last week. I've resigned myself to waiting until stocks are back to normal before venturing out again. I'm lucky that I don't have any essential journeys, otherwise would be in trouble (or more likely in a long queue!!).

All three still had fuel just now as I was on my way back to the yard again. I filled up the other Sunday morning when it all started, I'd done my 228 miles so needed to fill up anyway, should be good for another couple weeks

Distance between pumps is important to us, as distances of 25+ miles between pumps is not unusual in Argyll and the Highlands with many locations having community owned automated pumps.

As Inverness is on the NC 500, the population count will be around 75,000 around the route!

I nearly ran out of diesel twice up there on my recent holiday, managed to go 82 miles between petrol stations the first time.

Makes no difference of you're nearly out of diesel though does it!

Back