Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This Foxwell diagnostics tool or cracked version of Stream?

MisterCruiser

Country Flag
ireland
Can anyone recommend either this foxwell diagnostics or a Stream copy?

I need it to read the abs system, not just engine codes. Does anyone here have the foxwell unit and does it work ok on a 2004 120 model?

I’ve had bad experience of multiple VCDS copies from eBay where none worked and just bought the genuine in the end as I use it a lot. I don’t mind buying the foxwell if it is 100% compatible and if the Stream versions are a bit hit and miss whether you get a good copy.

Also, can anyone provide a link to a recommended Stream version please?

Foxwell NT530 Professional Multi-System Scan Tool for Toyota, Lexus and Scion Vehicles - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Denso intelligent tester 2 is basically techstream in a box and can do whatever techstream can do. Dont know how much they are now though...

Techstream has always been a **** to get working - I use an ancient version on win7. If you're tech savvy I think there are some techstream VMs knocking around that are preconfigured (VMware, virtual box etc)

As always with these cracked versions use a dedicated computer or properly separate it on a VM (ie make sure the VM doesn't get access to the rest of your LAN)

Denso intelligent tester 2 is basically techstream in a box and can do whatever techstream can do. Dont know how much they are now though...

Techstream has always been a **** to get working - I use an ancient version on win7. If you're tech savvy I think there are some techstream VMs knocking around that are preconfigured (VMware, virtual box etc)

As always with these cracked versions use a dedicated computer or properly separate it on a VM (ie make sure the VM doesn't get access to the rest of your LAN)

It's £450 according to a quick google
It's not worth such a purchase to me for my little use.

Can anyonbe link me top a version of Tech stream they bought that worked ok for them, a reliable ebay seller or the likes. Or a helpful seller who helped with the install if you encountered any issues. Are there any specific sites selling it with a cable, etc. I have a WIn7 laptop to put it on.

Agree £450 is way too much for that. Had a look for the link for the techstream cable I bought but the seller is long gone.

The cable says 'Mini VCI J2534' so you can probably find a similar one.

I used an old version of techstream (V12) on 32 bit windows 7.

Is your win7 laptop 32 or 64 bit?

I think newer versions work too and I think it's possible to get it working on 64 bit win 7 and even win 10. See what others say.....

If you get a cable and want the ancient V12 32 bit software I'll get you a download link sorted

Hi Karl, I just bought a version here in Ireland yesterday and having trouble getting it running, chap I bought it off tried too and we'll try it again over the weekend. If we can't get it working I might take you up on your link.

My laptop is Win7 Pro 64 bit by the way.

Or maybe the unit I linked to in the original post is the way to go. They aren't shipping to Ireland now though, always something, haha. I could get it shipped to my mates northern address I think though.

So the chap I bought it off got it working for me today, not sure I'd be able to get it working again myself even after watching him install it, seems to be a bit of a process to it. He installed the version 16 i think it is, as opposed to version 13 we tried previously.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great! Now you have to post the link so the poor chap can get everyone else's here working too while he remembers wtf he did! :)

It's good to have a working link - people are always asking and sellers come and go!

Does anyone have an OBD scanner that works ? I’d rather have a recommendation from a member than the waffle from the manufacturer .
I REALLY don’t want to go the whole tech stream /old laptop route as I’m hopeless with stuff you can’t heat up and hit with a hammer .
I’ve got the 2005 120 5 speed auto .
Thanks folks .

Autel Maxidiag MD805 worked OK for me. I normally usually use techstream now, but used the Autel to do a full scan of the car before I bought it - even queried the ABS unit etc.

I have a Foxwell that I’ve used on Merc stuff including the (now sold ) cursed Smart Car and it came up little different to the genuine Merc Star diagnostic (minus their service info) so I was pretty pleased with it. Seemed to do what it said it would. Not stupid money and bought from Gendan who were a good seller.

The Foxwell one I linked in the original post seems good, they confirmed to me that it reads all systems not just the engine codes. I bought a Gendan handheld universal engine scanner unit off of them before and it has been ok. I'd consider the one I linked if you don't like the laptop TechStream route.

46A954B5-6EE5-41AE-AC7B-752FE52C990B.jpeg

Took the plunge and bought the Vident . £116 with a discount code from OBD2shop.co.uk
Bit concerned it was coming from abroad … but turned up quickly , easy to set up and reads all data on my car . Happy with it !

That seems a good unit then so if it's reads all the systems, engine, abs, airbags, etc..
Did you get a recommendation towards it or did you just come upon it and decide to take a chance?

4x4 diesel on YouTube . Anthony seems to know the crack . Bit of a leap of faith but does exactly what I want ( code injectors / gearbox temp for oil change etc etc )
Takes a few seconds when you move between sub menus but otherwise all good .

Back