Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This is a bullbar!

fridayman

Garage
6aja6upy.jpg

More like an Elephant bar, that would look better on the set for a Mad Max remake.

Would be good for a ram raid. :icon-twisted:

Do you think that was in response to his wife saying "honey, I scratched the bumper parking. IT's not too bad. Yeah I know its happened a few times, should we get some parking sensors?"

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

They're fairly normal up around here; a lot of the utes/4x4's on property run them, because the run out to them is normally fairly open as well. The side brush bars are for Roo's to hit, without damaging the panels

This is one I found a couple of months ago set up for hunting:
IMGP4466_zps787c849a.jpg

There's even Ford Falcon/Holden Commodores with 5 post bars, the bottom bar is so that the 'roo is sort of scooped up when it's hit, rather than being run over.

Would be good for a ram raid. :icon-twisted:
Well, you should know :laughing-rolling:

This is what happens when 4.2 ltr of intercooled turbo engine at full throttle hits a 10" thick concrete block wall, not breeze block, CONCRETE!! I meant to hit the brakes but stepped on the throttle by mistake, :oops: I saw the wall looming and thought why is she not stopping? :o not roadworthy but still running, tough old beasts ain't they!

2.jpg

Another view complete wih block, the wall was double thickness blocks.

1.jpg

and this is the hole it made :shock:

3.jpg
:lol:

The good news is Julian V says it's all repairable :D

They're fairly normal up around here; a lot of the utes/4x4's on property run them, because the run out to them is normally fairly open as well. The side brush bars are for Roo's to hit, without damaging the panels

This is one I found a couple of months ago set up for hunting:
IMGP4466_zps787c849a.jpg

There's even Ford Falcon/Holden Commodores with 5 post bars, the bottom bar is so that the 'roo is sort of scooped up when it's hit, rather than being run over.

Sorry to digress but that ute looks seriously under-tyred to me.....shame, as otherwise those new 70 series doublecabs look the business.

Sorry to digress but that ute looks seriously under-tyred to me.....shame, as otherwise those new 70 series doublecabs look the business.

it would look good on 37's
Stu

It's hard to run 37's here (legally) without jumping through a lot of hoops. You can increase from the largest tyre size on the placard/handbook by 50mm overall diameter without engineering (and the width is about the same increase)

Most of them run 35's, and that looks right, 33's look OK.

That one's probably set up as much as anything for DD and dirt roads in that area, if it rains there you aren't going anywhere because of the black soil.

How does ben drive on the road with 37? or do I not ask!!
Do you need to engineer certain parts on top of what you would do to make them fit?

That and clearing obstructions from the bottom of the Falls Road. :eusa-shhh:

If those HD bars are strong enough to protect the body they presumably bend the chassis.

Frank

The top of the range 70 series is fitted with 16X7 wheels, so even 285/75R16's are out unless you fit aftermarket wheels.

How does ben drive on the road with 37? or do I not ask!!
Do you need to engineer certain parts on top of what you would do to make them fit?

Have you noticed how Ben trailers the tyres occasionally...

Engineering over here refers to getting the vehicle approved for modifications beyond what the vehicle was designed for; there are boundaries that allow for certain modifications (in/decrease in tyre diameter/width, increase in track) but others need approval (increase in engine power by swapping a 3VZ-E for a 1UZ-FE for example in a 4Runner or putting a 6.5 litre US lump of a diesel motor into a 60 or 80 series) whereby the vehicle will undergo brake and swerve (think of the Elk test that the Merc A-Class failed...) tests, as well as I'm sure some other ones..

It is possible to run 37's but you're looking at about $1500 of engineer fees, as well as potentially loads of hassle from the Police in different states (as the legislation isn't the same in every state...)

Back