Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This was a good idea

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
You know he thought it was a good idea at the time....

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Police_pull_over_man_on_space_hopper

space_hopper__pa.jpg

Police in Dundee pulled over a man for riding a space hopper while drunk on a busy main road.

Officers spotted the man taking the air filled toy down the dual carriageway towards a tunnel on the city centre ring road.
Eye-witness Jamie Shankland, 25, said the man tried to run away but police had "no problem" catching him.
"He looked very drunk and police had blocked the left-hand lane because he was on the road," he said.
"I had to pass slowly and, as I did, I saw another policeman walking up the tunnel to pick up a red space hopper.
"The look on the guy's face was priceless - you could just tell he was thinking: 'What have I done?'."
A spokesman for Police Scotland's Tayside Division confirmed a man on a space hopper had been stopped on the road, but no formal action was taken.

A spokesman for Police Scotland's Tayside Division confirmed a man on a space hopper had been stopped on the road, but no formal action was taken.

I'm not surprised - what would you put on the charge sheet ?? :laughing-rolling:.

Bob.

:laughing-rolling: I would like to see a video of that. :laughing-rolling:

Back