Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Three button remote key fob.

Dave May

Country Flag
europe
I have a 2005 LC4 and need a new remote. My existing remote has TWO buttons, Lock and Unlock. My Toyota dealer says they only supply THREE button remotes now.
Will it work and what is the THIRD button for? The Toyota dealer had no idea what the third button is for and wants me to pay £143 in advance before he will order it!!

Do you need the complete remote or just a new casing? You can buy the casing with a blank key attached off ebay for around £3.

You can get the key cut anywhere and then you just transfer the internals

Do you need the complete remote or just a new casing? You can buy the casing with a blank key attached off ebay for around £3.

You can get the key cut anywhere and then you just transfer the internals

Really I need a brand new remote as I only got one when I bought the car. Need the 'Full Monty' complete with immobiliser. I have already replaced the casing on my existing key twice in 3 years. Bad bit of Toyota design.

I think it's for boot release on cars where the boot opens itself on the gas struts, ie not a LC120.

I see no reason why the other two buttons won't work, but I don't know. That's not a bad price though. I bought a key blank minus the internals from Partsouq last year for £18 because every ebay copy I've bought last about a year before cracking. This one might as well but OK so far.

The internals were about £120 on top of that.

I'd find a dealer that guarantees it will work or give you your money back though. Ludicrous otherwise.

If you want to have a search about the part number for a full replacement key is 89070-60790
And the internal bit on its own is 89071-42050

I think it's for boot release on cars where the boot opens itself on the gas struts, ie not a LC120.

I see no reason why the other two buttons won't work, but I don't know. That's not a bad price though. I bought a key blank minus the internals from Partsouq last year for £18 because every ebay copy I've bought last about a year before cracking. This one might as well but OK so far.

The internals were about £120 on top of that.

I'd find a dealer that guarantees it will work or give you your money back though. Ludicrous otherwise.

If you want to have a search about the part number for a full replacement key is 89070-60790
And the internal bit on its own is 89071-42050

Thanks for info. Thought it might be for tailgate. A friend suggested it's for drivers door only while leaving the rest locked. Thanks for part numbers. My Toyota dealer has agreed to refund the total cost if it doesn't work.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back