Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Timing belt frequency

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
The timing belt note popped up this morning. At 108k miles. There is a note on the belt casing that says it was changed at last at 62k. As far as i can tell the frequency needs to be about 100k miles, but lots of forum posts and notes in various places seem to think 100k km. Which would make the 62k miles change be about right.

Just had a look around and it looks like a reasonable thing to do myself, if i can get the fan off. Which in turn might make it worth replacing the water pump at the same time.

I am going to need the bits. is there a recommended vendor to get these from? Or should i call toyota and get the parts that way?

Try milners for timing belt kit i found them very reasonable they are uk based matlock derbyshire

Thought i would ask jemca sidcup for a quote... £800 for belt and waterpump.

Is that fitted seems a bit dear, I have just had cam belt full engine service new radiator and alternator also front discs calipers and pads fitted for that price.

You don't need to remove the fan to change the belt. I haven't done the water pump. When you reset the light you can set the number of miles before it comes on again. Can't recall now whether it's a 90K or 100K mile change. It's definitely not 100km. I'm assuming yours is a diesel.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You don't need to remove the fan to change the belt. I haven't done the water pump. When you reset the light you can set the number of miles before it comes on again. Can't recall now whether it's a 90K or 100K mile change. It's definitely not 100km. I'm assuming yours is a diesel.

yup, its a diesel. Things are going to get quite hectic down there with the fan still in, but I'll try :)

Back