Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tires

2010 Land Cruiser

Purchased a 2010 Toyota Land Cruiser new from my local Toyota dealer. It came with Dunlop Grandtrek tires. The car has aproximately 35k miles now and I'd like to replace the tires. I haven't been impressed with the Dunlops overall performance.

Also own a 2001 Toyota 4Runner currently with the Good Year Fortera tires that I have been happy with. Unfortunately Good Year doesent offer a tire for the Land Cruiser.

When I went to my local tire dealer he reccomended the Dunlop tire.

Since I'm not happy with the Dunlop I would like to replace them with a tire of better quality.

Can anyone please advise or help me out with this decision?

Have found three tire brands that offer a tire in the proper size for the Land Cruiser ... Bridgestone, Michelin or Dunlop tire. Can anyone reccomend the best choice or best quality tire for a 2010 Land Cruiser?

WOW, wait for the thousand answers.

I will get mine in first.
265 x 70 x R17 BFG All Terrains.

Attachments

• LC (13).jpg
    LC (13).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,200
'best choice' and 'best quality' will very much depend upon how you intend to use your truck, and in what conditions. If you share that, I'm sure that you will get some helpful info....

I also have Grandtrek AT3, 275/65/R17. Haven't been that happy with them. Fine for road use but wasn't happy about lack of traction in the mud, although it's true they were about 50% worn. When I buy again I'll be getting BFG AT like the picture above, still can't decide whether to go for 265/70/R17, 275/65/R17, or 275/75/R17 though...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I also have Grandtrek AT3, 275/65/R17. Haven't been that happy with them. Fine for road use but wasn't happy about lack of traction in the mud, although it's true they were about 50% worn. When I buy again I'll be getting BFG AT like the picture above, still can't decide whether to go for 265/70/R17, 275/65/R17, or 275/75/R17 though...
I very much doubt you will get 275 x 75 x R17 to go on without some cutting and chopping.
It won't be the vertical height of the tyre that will cause your problem, but more the horizontal that will foul the front and rear plastics within the front wheel arches.

Plus, in my opinion, going larger than 265 x 70 x R17, shown in my image above, will seriously have effects on fuel consumption.

Gra.

I very much doubt you will get 275 x 75 x R17 to go on without some cutting and chopping.
It won't be the vertical height of the tyre that will cause your problem, but more the horizontal that will foul the front and rear plastics within the front wheel arches.

Plus, in my opinion, going larger than 265 x 70 x R17, shown in my image above, will seriously have effects on fuel consumption.

Gra.

I'm newbie so will defer to your better knowledge. Was just going by posts on another forum that said the max size you could safely fit to a stock 100-series was 285/75/16. As we are talking R17 not R16, a look at BFG's specs here:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/category/off-road-tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko/tire-details

...indicated that a 275/70/R17 should be around the same diameter and thinner. I take your point on fuel consumption for sure, but also would be interested in what you think is the max size you can fit to a stock 100 without rubbing, just to know.

What landcruiser do you want to fit the tyres to? I do not think the 100 was sold in 2010 so not sure why you were looking up tyre sizes for it. No point giving or taking advice on tyre sizes until this is established.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hang on a second, why is the exact same question posted in the 200 section as well?

I do not know if the above comments about tyre size refer to the 200 specifically. Might be worth double checking it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back