Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

To Greece and back

Andy Walker

I'm setting off on Friday to Greece.
Route : down through France, turn left to go through the Mont Blanc Tunnel, across through the Val D'Aosta and keep going to Venice for a look round. Then south to Bari in Italy and take the ferry to Patras in Greece, short drive down the coast to Kyllini and take the ferry to the Greek island of Kefalonia.
we will then have 2 weeks in a villa and drive back but go up the West coast of Italy.
The route to and from Greece will be on roads, but once we get to Kefalonia there's lots of off road tracks to play on.
Approx 2000 miles each way and will take it easy getting there over a week and the same on the way back.

Take plenty of photos
have a good trip

Last edited:
Make sure you really want to do the mont blanc tunnel ... the toll hurts (€40 euro just for the tunnel excluding the toll roads leading to/from it)!

Have a blast!

Approx 2000 miles each way and will take it easy getting there over a week and the same on the way back.
Hi Andy, sounds like a plan, :)

What are you doing for the sleeping ?

Camping & tenting or cheap B&B and hotels etc ?

Gra

I've done the Mont Blanc tunnel before and I know what you mean, it's expensive and boring. Just a way to get you from A to B.
camping in the roof tent both ways, but with 2 weeks in a villa in the middle of it all

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cefalonia is lovely.

There is one village that has English style houses, really weird thing to find.

I did some offroading on the Mani peninsular about 18 years ago, in a little SJ, was great.

Like lots of Europe, inland Greece is deserted, we drove through lots of villages that were inhabited only by the elderly, everyone else had moved out.

Pete

Andy, are you home again, how did the trip go, any photos?

Back