Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Today while driving I saw...

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
A woman doing a U-turn on the M25, junction 20. She had made it up onto the motorway, still in the slip road though, decided this was the wrong way and trying to make a 3-point turn. She had her boot against the barrier, car blocking the lane, wheels turned back towards oncoming traffic and waited patiently while we all hooted, swore and dived out the way. She did try cut in behind me but realised the car behind me was a bit close :pray:
I've seen idiots reversing back off the hiway when they realise they wrong, never as blatant as making a U-turn though :o

What other driving horrors have you witnessed?

The new dual carridgeway (well, sort of) out of Khartoum has the locals confused so everyone uses both sides, both ways, so its like two single roads just next to each other.

Three kids cycling along the M25

Chris

4 cars overtaking side by side the same lorry on a single carriageway somewhere in Russia, each car further away from the Kamaz was traveling faster with the car furthest away from the lorry must have been doing 120mph+ with 2 wheels off the tar on the verge :shock: And this was on a road with huge ruts/troughs/potholes...

Over in Thailand it's not uncommon to see entire families on a single 50cc moped. Might has right over there so if you see an HGV coming your way you'd better make sure you well out of his path. Seen a Suzuki SJ towing 15 Jet skis down the main road in Patong - I think I have a pic somewhere I'll try and find it out...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I remember now, I didn't get the camera out quick enough but I did see them in the middle of unhitching them on the beach:

38Patong1.jpg

A good few years ago now....I saw a guy trying a three point turn, on the northbound carriageway, of the M5 out side of Birmingham..

A guy reversing, yes reversing down the outside lane of the M3 northbound, because he missed his usual turning into Bracknell,...to be fair though, they had only just opened the new stretch of M3 into Sunbury...made me mess meself did that one...I was doing 70 in the middle lane and half asleep at the time. :shock:

Sadly, I’ve seen a lot of people (including artics) doing U-turns over a hiway in SA (not all hiways have dividers, common to make a U-turn when you see traffic ahead) . Also seen the aftermath when the gap was not large enough to get his lorry out of the way :(

In 2010 I was on a bike tour doing an anti-clockwise circuit of Turkey.

On one particular dual carriageway (two lanes each way with a wide concrete ditch down the middle) I saw an old black Renault going the same way as us in the outside lane of the opposite carriageway :o .

I got on the radio to the others and we watched the scene unfold. I think one of the bike passengers video'd it. On-coming traffic was taken by surprise and was veering off in all directions. One silver Focus Hatch dived off the road onto sand and ran full-tilt into a stone wall. The rear of the car went up about 45 degrees before it bounced back onto the inside lane of the carriageway . . No-one stopped :doh: .

This went on for some miles until the errant driver found a crossing that brought him over to our side. We got well out of his way.

On another occasion we were heading out of town one morning when I saw a car coming up the outside just as the road ahead was down to one lane because of roadworks.

This guy went past me, pulled in front and went slap into a concrete block holding the 'road closed' sign. Fortunately I was already moving out and avoided him.

Driving in Turkey (and the state of most of the roads) has to be seen to be believed :shock: .

Bob.

Came off the M5 northbound on the sliproad - coming towards us was a car heading south.....I stopped in the middle of the two lanes and forced the driver to slow, I tried to wave him to stop - he and his wife both waved back and squeezed past us! I often think they must wonder who the man waving at them was, cos they'd never seen him before!

Typical though, since fitting the onboard camera, I've seen sod all!

Pete

xmas day 2010 i was heading west from chiswick roundabout on the great west road when i noticed a young mum pushing a pram on the fast lane,so being concerned i slowed down to ask whether she was alright but she was so pissed that she was totally incoherent.The only thing i could do was to phone the old bill and tell them what was happening,only for the baby's sake.
On a more humorous note i am lucky enough to visit india almost every jan/feb and the sights you see on the roads there are to be seen to be believed, just type indian driving in YOUTUBE and you'll see what i mean

ram

A lorry driver this morning going through the road work section near St Albans on the M25, he was using the size of his vehicle to continually intimidate other drivers, just so he could travel in whatever lane was moving very slightly quicker, on the back of his metalic blue Scania cab, it had a caption 'Drive it like it's Stolen' I think 'Drive like a Chump' or something similar would be more appropriate.

d8E4apG6HZA[/YOUTUBE]">d8E4apG6HZA[/YOUTUBE]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited:
Kind of sad this one and not at all dangerous, but, driving to work today in the rain I pass a line of about 20 cars and the wipers followed each other. made me feel all warm inside like all those cars were giving the LC a mexican wave. I awear the timing was perfect

Back