Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Top gear special

Just read this on another forum
every single car series pales in comparison to the most boring 5 minutes of the worste episode of top gear.
And quite frankly I must say that I agree
Plus its's nice to see OfCOM Backing Clarkson and co
The show attracted 157 complaints but Ofcom said Top Gear was well known for its "irreverent style and sometimes outspoken humour".

What it boils down to is, do you want a programme with information about cars or do you want entertainment
confused-29.gif
personally I don't find Clarkson's smarta*se presentation entertaining.
I sometimes wonder if the producers of TG emphasise his annoying methods or not, but he is a natural at it.
It used to be a great programme until it was changed into 'The Jeremy Clarkson Show'
sleep-058.gif

The other two have made programmes of their own which have been quite good especially the James May ones.
cool08.gif

Personally i really like Jc. And clearly there are enough other people out there that do also otherwise top gear wouldn't be as popular as it is.
We pay our licence fee just like everyone else but from the bbc we watch a maximum of 3 hours of there programming a week. 2 when tg is not on. I think i more than subsidize the rest of the programming.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would like to see a really good overland programme about India, or Pakistan, or even Bangladesh which gets zero publicity.

I post on an Indian offroad forum, and would love to see more on the telly.

Thats not going to be TG though, at the moment the choice is worlds most dangerous roads, or ice road truckers (I've met the girl, she is so tiny!).

It was just slapstick, but thats all they do.

I hope the Indians invited to the evening do knew it was a set-up, hate to think they thought the joke was on them.

Pete

To use one of Clarkson's favourite signs, he's a
smiley-dickhead-1.gif
. Someone earlier said TG is popular, but there are more complaints now that there ever used to be, so I think it is losing it's popularity. The show is not faintly serious anymore, it's been dumbed down for a minority audience.
two-out-of-ten.gif

Ice Road Truckers has also lost it's appeal for me, I realised that all the scenarios were not always 'real' but when they introduced a female trucker that finally did it, not that I'm prejudiced towards female drivers, it's just an example of TV producers adding what they think we want to see.

I can just imagine at an IRT production meeting someone saying "I've had a great idea chaps, let's introduce a female driver that should improve our ratings"

OK, small rant over and running for cover :lol:

I think the Scenario between the idiot Lead Trucker Tony & Dave (Redmond) is far from made up & it really happens in transport, the two women have done really well, so have most of the women in the British transport industry over the decades.

Changed my mind, I now want Clarskon as our first President, with the Duke of Edinburgh as his adviser ...

Freshened up the show for me :thumbup:

Dave Docwra said:
I think the Scenario between the idiot Lead Trucker Tony & Dave (Redmond) is far from made up & it really happens in transport, the two women have done really well, so have most of the women in the British transport industry over the decades.

Changed my mind, I now want Clarskon as our first President, with the Duke of Edinburgh as his adviser ...

thats the last thing i bloody want! :evil:

hed have every single green lane in the country closed immediately. :thumbdown:

http://www.gleam-uk.org/

ben said:
thats the last thing i bloody want! :evil: hed have every single green lane in the country closed immediately. :thumbdown: http://www.gleam-uk.org/
You could be right there Ben, it would be pheasant [strike:17tnxcmj]pluckers[/strike:17tnxcmj] shooters only, but at least the Duke can be funny at times, I just find Clarkson's attempts at humour childishly pathetic. :roll:

Back