Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TOR Live

Graham Stirling

Is anyone planning to go in May and/or August? Me and a few mates will be there generally eating fried food, drinking and exaggerating wildly. Always a good craic.

Anyone?

It's a great site for any ability/level of confidence. Loads of wide open spaces if you don't want to risk paint. Good campsite and ok facilities.

Looks like it could be fun...........

Possible AGM??????

The link for the event is http://www.totaloffroadlive.co.uk/shop.html

The site is Kirton Off Road Centre in Lincolnshire http://www.kirtonoffroadcentre.co.uk/

I've been 3 or 4 times and love it. It's an active sand/gravel quarry so changes quite often so it never seems the same twice.

There will probably be about 8 or 10 of us with a range of vehicles. I'll be there in May and August but might not have the LC there for May unless i get plenty of time on it between then and now.

It's ok for families but don't expect luxury showers. Pretty basic but great on site catering/cafe for your basic greasy spoon type fayre.

I have never liked driving in water with sand, it gets everywhere and you spend months still finding it!!

So I will give it a miss.

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fair do's Paul. A liberal spay of wd40 on everything underneath prior makes cleaning easier but Kirton mud does set like concrete to be honest, and tends to fall off some months later.

I just use it as a ploy to pinch English soil and dump it in Scotland.

I remember my old Range Rover after driving around an old sand stone quarry. I had red sand down the drive for 12 months later every time I washed it. It also gets in all the bearings aswell.

WD40 works well on the rad for stipping the mud sticking ;)

Paul

I HOPE TO GO i went aug last year to the first tor live took my offroad 90 on the trailor but it aint going to be ready in time for this one it was real good fun from start to finish so i would go just to be there might have a run around in my shiny 90 cos that is what its for i let you know closer to the time

I might do one day. Not far from me and never been. Not cheap is it.

Chris

Paul_Humphreys said:
I remember my old Range Rover after driving around an old sand stone quarry. I had red sand down the drive for 12 months later every time I washed it. It also gets in all the bearings aswell.

WD40 works well on the rad for stipping the mud sticking ;)

Paul

Hill & Ditch by any chance....

That stuff was still on my grey surf when it broke...

Back