Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TouchBB for iphone

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
It has now been installed. No idea how to use it as I don't own one ;)

Can we have a clue here? What is it, where is it, why would I want it, how do I get it?

I have an iphone, but not got a clue what tapeetappytalk is or where / how I install it.

A little help would be appreciated. Away all week and keeping up would be great. Viewing forum through std browser is a bit rubbish really.

Chris

I'll let Eddy or Gary explain - Don't have an iFollowTheCrowd so no idea ;)

Arf arf. You're just mad 'cos Steve Jobbs nicked your idea for the Mac.

Sore loser. :lol:

C

The conflict of wanting an iPad but not wanting to give in is like wanting a Dsco 4 but....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ahh, but if Apple made Discos, I'd want one too.

Ed, I'd appreciate any guidance you'd care to give on this one please.

Ta

Chris

Download the free Lite version from the App Store, the add this forums URL and your login details. It's a good app - resizes nicely for your phone, shows the photos properly as well as the smilies. Responding to a post is easy. You have three basic views - the whole forum, unanswered posts or new topics.

Very slick app. For £0.59 you get advert-free and iPad compatibility.

Me likee!!

Cheers

Cheers Gary, I'm on it.

C

Whayhee. Look folks it really works. Will play with this for a bit and see what else it can do. Can you change views?

C

sorry, been busy...

The "lite" version only allows 2 forums (you can delete their support forum and get the 2nd)

I don't think you can change the views or anything, it's basic, but loads faster than via the web and seems to use a lot less data too. I only installed it on the Jeep board a couple of weeks ago to try it out. but does make it much easier to read and reply when on the move.

Tapatalk is meant to be a LOT better (but costs more), but as I have paid for exactly 1 app since buying the iphone 14 months back and that was motionX GPS to give me offline mapping (not OS mapping)........

If more of the boards I use go the TouchBB route, I may pay the £0.59 for the full version (or I may be tight and just store the urls in notes and copy paste as I need them :) )

I am hoping to meet up with some of the guys in May that have tapatalk to see if it's worth the hype. You don't even get a copy to test it out with your board when you set it up :(

I am guessing that neither would work with mods to the forum very well (Garage mod etc)

You can, if it's enabled on the board, attach pictures direct from your phone too (1 per post) and it seems to re-size them to a sensible size too.

If there are multiple pages to the thread, an "eye" will appear at the top, and you can then slide to whatever page you want. again, a nicety here would be to select the page from the front screen, but I guess that may come with time.

Cheers Ed. That's useful. Wondered what the 'eye' was for.

Chris

Back