Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ105, Gxr, 2006, motor 1hz, (alcanza solo 110 km / h, a 2600 tr / min)

Maaloum

Country Flag
spain
Hello,
I have bought a second-hand Land Cruiser Hzj 105 (permanent four-wheel drive), in perfect condition, it has 169 488 km, the car had never traveled, all the kilometers have been done in the city, (air filter, fuel filter oil and diesel filter) recently changed and original
Problem:
I took a trip with the car to test it, I noticed that it is slower than my other Land Cruiser Hzj 105 (my previous car)
With the fourth speed, it reaches a maximum of 120km / h, but with the fifth speed it reaches only 110km / h, at 2600 tr / min (NOT NORMAL), with the accelerator fully depressed.
The engine revolutions, rpm, in (first, second, third, and fourth speed), seem normal, and if I accelerate the car, stopped at idle, the rpm reaches 4500 rpm (NORMAL), but with fifth speed, as I had said, it only reaches 110km / h, at 2600 tr / min, with full throttle (NOT NORMAL)

Could someone tell me, please, why my car is locked in 110km / h, at 2600 tr / min

Thank you
gxr.JPG

That dash looks different than my hzj105 ...

Otherwise, 70mph is about what I max out at with some load with 4x4, without the front hubs locked I seem to get a bit faster, but not a whole lot, maybe 78 give or take a few. On a flat road at 3.5k rpm.

Do you have the exact model number ?

Could this be a limit set within the ECU ?
Some vehicles have a limiter that can be set when using winter tyres .......
It seems it's artificially being limited rather than just running out of power ....

this might not be that usefull but my 105 with a standard 1hz, towing 1 tonne of camper and 300kg of other stuff seems to max at 125km/h
GOPR0348.JPG

4500 rpm in 4 gears but only 2600 rpm in 5th , is that right because i have no idea what "h, at 2600 tr / min" means ?

My thinking is the only thing limiting the truck is the gearbox .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back