Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Trailer lighting

Might be nothing to do with it, but is the trailer cable itself ok ? I had an IW sheep trailer a while back that had problems with the lights, one indicator was working intermittently (not in the usual way !). All the socket connections and bulbs checked out ok so I put new cable on and it cured it.

This may well be the answer. Might order a new lead and plug, the current one is looking a bit worse for wear but I can't see any breaks. But that's not to say it isn't.

Cables sometimes hang down and wear against the ground. I saw one once sparking as it went over manhole covers.

Cables on the trainer are all secured in place OK and don't look worn, apart from the end which goes into the socket on the car. So many be that's the answer.

I drove over some long grass once with a trailer and that pulled all the wires of the bottom, luckily I noticed. They were only stabled to the ply underneath.

Cables on the trainer are all secured in place OK and don't look worn, apart from the end which goes into the socket on the car.

It would certainly be an idea to chop the end off the cable and re terminate it into the plug just to eliminate that bit. At least pull it apart and investigate it.

Beware, replacing anything you have not proved to be faulty is a gamble you could win but which could also be costly and time consuming. Far better to troubleshoot and prove a part faulty before replacing it. The exception is if it is visually damaged, then that is good enough to warrant replacement IMO.

Fixed it :dance:. But I'm not quite sure how :think:.

I unplugged the fog wires (blue) in the first junction box and put them in the spare block, that seemed to fix it.

IMAG1007.jpg
I then plugged them back in the fog light block and it still worked. Confused! May not be the end off it......

Many thanks to all for your help and advice. Very much appreciated :thumbup:

Back