Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transfer / Gearbox Breathers

Mike M

Country Flag
scotland
Hi folks,

I bought a breather kit for my 2015 76 series and fitted the front and rear diff breather hoses fine but struggling to access the gearbox/transfer connections.
I think the factory transfer hose is linked to the gearbox but access looks impossible. How do folk normally fit these kits ?
My kit has the 1/8" BSPT threaded elbow push fittings and Flexi nylon tubing. Breather manifold block is mounted in the engine bay.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike I'm not a 76 owner but I know what you mean. Two options that have worked for me on the 80 are 1. to go through the cover in the cab - the one that surrounds the gear shifts and 2. to drop the cross member, remove the prop making sure the fan doesn't hit the rad of course and let the whole unit down a bit at the back. It sounds like a lot of work but it's not really and can give you much more room to get at those pesky pipes. The breathers on the T box and gear box are Tee'd on the 80 too from memory with two slightly different sized pipes

Hey Mike I'm not a 76 owner but I know what you mean. Two options that have worked for me on the 80 are 1. to go through the cover in the cab - the one that surrounds the gear shifts and 2. to drop the cross member, remove the prop making sure the fan doesn't hit the rad of course and let the whole unit down a bit at the back. It sounds like a lot of work but it's not really and can give you much more room to get at those pesky pipes. The breathers on the T box and gear box are Tee'd on the 80 too from memory with two slightly different sized pipes

Thanks Chris, i thought id seen an access hatch going into the cab last time i was under there. Would need to pull the carpet up but still not bad if my minds geared up for it and could fit more sound deadening lol. I think the cross member might be more work since the side rails are mounted on the same bolts.

Back