Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tremor

clivehorridge

Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
We had a knock last night at 02:10am, first reported at 5.6 on the Richter scale, revised down to 5.3 this morning.

No damage here, but it gave us a jolt. I'd say about 20-30cm lateral movement, which can make you stumble if walking.

I was sat in the living room watching our house-plants swaying in the aftermath.

Strange feeling. :?

Last edited:
Glad you are ok. I was in a shake in New Zealand about 10 years ago and the pressure waves that preceded the aftershocks made me feel a bit sick. Quite a cool sensation.

Oooh, makes you think ....

Glad all is OK.

Glad to hear that you had no damage.... brings a whole new meaning to “did the earth move for you ?”:wtf:

only experienced one quake.about 50 years ago down in an isolated camp
deep in bush countryIt was just after we knocked off for the day.After the machines were turned off it was very quiet apart from the chirping of the birds in the bush then everything went dead quiet,no noise at all,it was eerie and then there was a deep rumble and trucks and machines were jumping a couple of feet off the ground and just as quickly everything went back to normal.it did scare the hell out of us.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I read on his FB blog that Stephen Saunders experienced a 4.9 scale quake last night in South America, on his travels in his 100 series. In a hotel at the time.

It really was just a knock, no duration to it at all.

Busy Lizzie Steve, sorry to disappoint :lol:

The danger is more intense if the epicenter is closer to the surface. The recent disaster in Italy was severe because the origin of the quake was relatively shallow.

The last one this high on the scale was 2014, I was standing at the time and it knocked me off balance!

Glad you guys are ok, and no structural damage

I didn't mean to alarm anyone, but thanks for all the well-wishes!

The top 2 levels of the house is made of wood, the bottom level (a semi-basement) is integral with the foundations and made of reinforced concrete.

It might be my imagination, but it felt like it "flexed" but there's no new cracks or anything untoward.

I didn't mean to alarm anyone, but thanks for all the well-wishes!

The top 2 levels of the house is made of wood, the bottom level (a semi-basement) is integral with the foundations and made of reinforced concrete.

It might be my imagination, but it felt like it "flexed" but there's no new cracks or anything untoward.

It's a lovely home,Clive and the base sounds pretty good and timber around and above seems to get top ratings from earthquake gurus.

Back