Troopydelic

Gregol

Country Flag
switzerland
Hello

• My name is Gregory aka Gregol
• I just purchased a Troopy HZJ 75 from 1999
• Plans are :
  1. Convert the interior for overlanding in Europe and around for a year or two.
  2. Upgrade in a year with Alu-Cab roof tent and leave Europe
  3. Learn how to repair my engine (I am more into woodworking)
  4. Extra : Install a hammock system to my roof rack

NB : She has her own Instagram account

More soon
:)

Never mind instagram, she's on here now so let's see some photos. :) Hi Greg and Welcome, great to have you and such a great truck. Can't wait to see and hear more.

Best wishes

Richard

4rOweDz.jpg

Thanks guys

Engine and gears completely checked and refreshed by a overlanding expert.
New and higher suspensions, diff. lock in the back, secondary 12v battery in the back, new LED headlamps, second gaz tank, 215/80R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T 694.

I will start transforming the inside in a few days. Still trying to figure out my favorite setup and where to find parts in my country (Switzerland) as this model is pretty exotic here :
  1. Roof rack
  2. Recovery tools
  3. Insulation
  4. Switches with locking system
  5. LED lights
PS : What do you guys think about the tires, should I go bigger or just stay with those for a while?

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Gregol, welcome aboard :thumbup:

Remember that the bigger you go on tyres, the more you over-gear the drive line, but they do look a bit lost in those arches.

I'd consider going up to at least 33" maybe 35" but that would be the max IMO, but its better if you can borrow some off someone else and try them, before you go to the expense of changing them.

The rims are 16" I guess?

Looks like you have a nice example of a Troopy there.

I am guessing that you have the 1HZ 4.2 N/A Diesel engine?

With regard to tires / wheels? What size do you have at the moment? They look a bit small, but it appears to be Toyota Rims. I would not go too big as I have heard that that the 1Hz can battle a bit. It's also worth looking at where you are taking the vehicle and availability of replacement tires with regard to sizing.

Looking forward to following the build / adventures.

Looks like you have a nice example of a Troopy there.

I am guessing that you have the 1HZ 4.2 N/A Diesel engine?

With regard to tires / wheels? What size do you have at the moment? They look a bit small, but it appears to be Toyota Rims. I would not go too big as I have heard that that the 1Hz can battle a bit. It's also worth looking at where you are taking the vehicle and availability of replacement tires with regard to sizing.

That mirrors my thoughts, ask me how I know... :lol:

Thanks for the information.

Yes it's the 1HZ 4.2 N/A Diesel engine with 180'000km on the clock.

For the tires, I will stay around Europe for the next 2 years, from Turkey to Spain and also spend time in the Alps and the forest mostly.

The tires that I have on now are new and I can probably still change them if I want at my garage.

Nice truck
I have 285/75 r16 BFG all terrain on mine and it runs pretty good, they are 100 series sreel rims, but i may change these in the future, but still run the same size..

Back