Trump

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Just a break from all the virus posts.

An American friend sent me this:

Someone asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?" Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.
Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.
But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty. Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.
And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness. There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It's all surface.
Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.
And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.
There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless or female – and he kicks them when they are down. So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and most are.
• You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.
This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.
After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws

He would make a Trump.

When the choice is a blundering fool who can't keep a secret or an educated orator who can lie eloquently who offers obvious transparency ?

Best thing about a fool is he speaks without thought never considering the consequences which is an honesty of sorts and people are tired of lies .

When the choice is a blundering fool who can't keep a secret or an educated orator who can lie eloquently who offers obvious transparency ?

Best thing about a fool is he speaks without thought never considering the consequences which is an honesty of sorts and people are tired of lies .
but he's a compulsive liar

Those who oppose him should rejoice that he won't stick to the script like the rest because if he did he would be twice as dangerous an opponent . A scripted actor can say anything eloquently and get away with it while accepting the masses are too dumb to think for themselves . This blithering idiot sees it and shoots his mouth off so is often forced to back track and contradict himself , which promotes thought in the masses and condemnation from the globalists/establishment for whom the many have no trust . It's a vicious circle that defies logic but every time he walks on water and they report he can't swim they score a huge home goal .

Was he wrong to say the UN is mostly paid for by American dollar to protect those hostile towards American interests , last i read about it several nations had moved to meet the obligations they had been shy of for decades which suggests he wasn't .

Currently he is being slagged off for "politicizing" the virus but what kind of medical expert makes a statement like this

"WHO said such bans were not needed, noting that 'travel bans to affected areas or denial of entry to passengers coming from affected areas are usually not effective in preventing the importation' of coronavirus cases, but may instead 'have a significant economic and social impact"

It's like a doctor advising a mother to keep her kid with measles in school and say nothing because it might spoil his birthday party Saturday if the guests know .

A blatant lie doesn't reveal the truth but it brings us closer to it .

The quote comes from here Trump announces, then reverses, freeze on funding for World Health Organization - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Aye wishful thinking is not presidential he should have been more scientific about it and produced a thousand words almost kind of nearly sort of not saying but insinuating "we haven't got a clue when it will be over" which would have been perfectly acceptable to the media ........... had someone else said it .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think he's hilarious. He will achieve very little and will go down in history as probably the worst president they ever had.
He just epitomizes a large part of American society. He plays to his crowd very well. Just on this virus thing "Easter is a special time for me, the churches will be full" he's geeing up the religious supporters. I've seen a compilation of him claiming to know more than anyone about just about anything.
He's quite a sad character really. Self belief is great but when it's delusional it's quite pitiful.
It put's me in mind of Michael Jackson in a way, Just a person with a lot of money and no real friends around to say "No mate I think you should stop now, your nose is fine"

He's just put the blame on WHO and China for covid. It's always someone elses fault. Mind you, I would want him on my side in a fight.

Gotta wonder , it takes some balls to rock the boat when everyone else on it has guns pointed at you , but then the world got itself into a right old mess while walking the line and not making a fuss .

It put's me in mind of Michael Jackson in a way, Just a person with a lot of money and no real friends around to say "No mate I think you should stop now, your nose is fine"
Brilliant :lol::clap:

His personality makes me cringe , he and Doris i think of as rich boys who like to think they understand and have empathy with the likes of Nelson from the Simpsons which is laughable . But at the same time Nelson will accept its the closest he will ever get to representation in powerful circles .

His personality makes me cringe , he and Doris i think of as rich boys who like to think they understand and have empathy with the likes of Nelson from the Simpsons which is laughable . But at the same time Nelson will accept its the closest he will ever get to representation in powerful circles .

Amazingly true and one of the best descriptions I've ever read of both of them.

Back