Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tunit chip

yep I've got one on my ( Maria's) 120. Bought it second hand from a FB member ( I think).
Fitted it the same time as the new injectors. Instantly it was more lively than before and I still think it's impressive now, even though I've been used to V10 kind of lively.
Can't tell you about fuel consumption, it wasn't what you call economical before and it's not now. Maria commuting 12 miles each way to work lucky if it sees 20 mpg. On a run though it will stretch to 27 though not as good as my previous D4D Collie which would do 30.

Thanks Andy,
I had one for many years,performance was good-big improvement over standard, it lasted about 7 years.I set mine to max and it returned about 20-25mpg.I'm missing the acceleration kick on slip roads!
I think I'll get another one in the summer.
Cheers

Just out of interest toolsplus, as you have experience of both, is there much/any difference/positive/negatives between the Ozbush and Tunit unit ?

For me the Tunit was easy to understand and simple to use.10 positions which click when you adjust them and it had a quality look about it.Performance was the best also,by some margin.Seven years later it died so I bought the Ozbush on the recommendation of Tony from Cyprus.I found it hard to understand the options and it looked a bit mickey mouse but it worked ok.
Between the two there's a definite winner for me,the Tunit gets my nod.On slip roads when you boot it you get a good kick in the back!

When i bought my 120 it was prone to issuing black smoke on acceleration, it also sounded like it was 'pinking' under acceleration.
On examination i found a Tunit box was connected in place, once removed the black smoke stopped instantly and that pinking sound vanished with it.

Can't say as i noticed any loss of power removing the tunit box nor any real difference in fuel usage but it was only in place for a matter of weeks before i found the thing, its now sitting in the cupboard above me, unless SWMBO has tidied up in which case it will never be seen again, i won't refit it because as the Aussie Prado youtube warns us overfuelling is not good for these engines and can lead to cracked pistons, thankfully there appears to be no damage from the thing which should have shown up over the years since if there was.
The previous owner was a caravanner and had a new towbar fitted at great expense at Toyota couple of years prior to our ownership, i suspect he bought the unit for some reason.

What has improved power and running is cleaning the egr and, ahem, removing that pesky throttle butterfly, when breathing clean fresh compressed air these vehicles are plenty fast enough.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for that Juddian,my LC3's had a tough life and it's time he took it easier like me.
You don't need a Tunit offroad and today I gave it some stick on the tarmac,it's got enough.You've just saved me some cash and I'm bringing forward my butterfly valve destruction.
Cheers

Back