Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

turbo charger replacement

david2001

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I am considering installing a new turbo on my 100Vx as I am intending to export it to Zimbabwe when all is finished.
Its done over 300K km I have no specific known issues but since I di the inlet clean up and saw the oil in the pipes let alone the gunk in all those places I'm wondering whether it worthwhile just getting one of the new turbos on ebay.
How long do the originals last?( mine is 2001 model!)
Any comments welcome
david

I wouldn't be risking an Ebay turbo on my Cruiser.

Mine is an Africa spec so has the 1hdt engine, it's low milage for a 1998 with 240,000km and the turbo seems fine but I'm upgrading to a GTurbo and very much looking forward to seeing the results.

would you then consider selling your old one and I could refurbish it for my 100vx???:smile: if it will fit to the 2001 100vx model engine??
david

would you then consider selling your old one and I could refurbish it for my 100vx???:smile: if it will fit to the 2001 100vx model engine??
david
Hi David,

I don't think it will fit. And it's in Zimbabwe.

I'm sure if you put something up on the forum someone might be able to help.

If not you could wait till you get the car to Zim and get it done there. Turbo Solutions in Harare have been highly recommended, Mano the owner used to work for a turbo company here in the UK and knows his stuff.

Hi again! Where does one find either new replacement turbo OR refurbished one for my 100vx??
thanks
david

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back