Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Turbo Wisdom Needed

Mblinko

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
On boost I get a little whitish blue smoke and I have a whistle, so I'm thinking about replacing the turbo and oil lines to it. There seems to be a few choices out there ranging from a couple of hundred quid new to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131255053484 at £530.

Are the cheap ones copies I should avoid? Does anyone know of a tried and tested replacement?

There are cheap copies on the market which I would avoid like the plague personally. The item you mention may be fine but with VAT and import taxes it's going to be nearer £700 and if you have problems with it and have to return it it will be a faff. I'd be more inclined to contact a reputable turbo repair/refurbisher regarding a repair of yours or an exchange replacement unit. JMO

There are cheap copies on the market which I would avoid like the plague personally. The item you mention may be fine but with VAT and import taxes it's going to be nearer £700 and if you have problems with it and have to return it it will be a faff. I'd be more inclined to contact a reputable turbo repair/refurbisher regarding a repair of yours or an exchange replacement unit. JMO

good advice, I hadn't rally thought about what if it fails. I wouldn't know who is reputable though.

Back