Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre pressures

cavanmick

Country Flag
ireland
Hi folks, im sure its been done to death but im just wondering what are people running in the real world, very seldom tow anything or carry anything heavy and its on 305/70/16 bfg muds.
Cheers in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hi folks, im sure its been done to death but im just wondering what are people running in the real world, very seldom tow anything or carry anything heavy and its on 305/70/16 bfg muds.
Cheers in advance.

I run mine at 35lbs on asphalt and drop them to 25 in the mud, but I don't know why really :crazy:

On rocky tracks, I think they're best kept hard to save the walls from damage :think:

What type of offroad do you do mostly?

Mostly boggy forest, I tend to run em about 20 in the mud but was running 30 on road, heard of lads talking about high 30s low 40s so jus tlooking for a few opinions, should also add that mine is a commercial so no back seats.

run mine at 32 on the road .cooper muds

Mine roll better on asphalt when they're harder, but I've not done enough kms to know whether they wear well at that pressure. I took them up to 45 and progressively dropped them till I thought they were at optimum. Trial and error really, but they run well at 35.

At that width, I don't see much benefit in airing down, they grip like a whores' elbows anyway, and I've been through some plenty heavy, deep, clay mud with them:lol: (The MUDs, that is)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I run 38psi on my Bf AT's

Most of my asphalt driving is on GGATs, I have them at 35 too.

Silvercruiser, with your 265s on 17s, you'll be suffering much less drag than these blobs, so I guess at 38 they run pretty free. My ATs at 30lb are noticeably more drag on the asphalt.

I had 35 on the front and 40 on the back . 40 is overinflated but on tarmac the rear wheels don't do a lot . This made a significant difference in mpg compared to when i drove 300 miles having forgot to air up from 30 front a rear after being off road . What i saved on fuel i reckon its cost me in tyre wear because my tracking and camber etc wasn't set up well . Now i run 35 front and 37 rear which i'm happy with . I only go down to 30 off road to soften the ride a bit .

Cooper Discover STT 285/75 on 16x8's

Last edited:
Running standard size tyres on mine but feels best running 32 all round.

Yeh I had been running 30 but upped them to 40 the last couple of days, certainly seems a slight bit less thirsty but dont want to wear the middle out of the tyres either.

I run my 275/70R16 at 28psi all around, I am half on dirt and half on asphalt. If i go out on tour, I go to about 32psi

Back