Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

tyre size question [sorry] 285/75 vs 265/70

My personal view is 255 is too narrow.

When you were quoted for BFG AT’s Waldmar, were they KO2 or KO?

The mod between them is good, and theres a lot of dealers trying to clear stock of the old KOs. Worth a check.
All online search and all KO2 - can't find any listings for KOs so may ring around...................

@Waldamar, where was that price from??

Ill be after a new set of BFG muds shortly, going 285's
That price was ebay! german company but for A/Ts I have since beat it but again ATs - www.alltyres365.co.uk there muds are £188 ea - of course I'll have a very good set of 2nd hand available soon.............................

265/75 is a much better size, as long as we are talking 16" rims. They are just a tad over the factory standard. And slightly narrower makes the truck drive nicer with a bit better grip and less wear.
Another issue is that mud-terrains are useless for winter as they don't have siping at all. The bfg a/t ko2 are fairly good for winter use.

Edit: i see now that you have a 3" lift. You will need something to fill those wheel wells. 265/70-16 will look tiny. I suggest you try one on if you can. See if you can live with it .
Searching for 285 75 16 brings few results - dropping to 285 70 16 and there's massive choice.................... any thoughts?

Isnt the 285 a bit wide for a 8inch wheel ?

https://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/product/toyo-open-country-m-t-305-70r16/

these on a 10 inch wide rim are smaller than my 285/75 coopers on an 8 inch wide rim

I have complaints at all and i just asked the mrs if they were noisy because she can hear a pin drop , she replied no and looked at me like i'd asked a stupid question .

No lift - yet
DSCF2726.JPG

Acceleration does suffer due to the heavier boots though .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, my deal on 5 BFG A/Ts has fallen through - so back to tyre shopping. As I said earlier I don't like the M/Ts I've got on there at present [especially in the wet - some of which will be coming along soon]
My spare is an unused Cooper Discoverer S/T and best value plan seems to be to buy four of them.
Any views on the Coopers? Rain, snow etc.? Or are they just the same as the BFG M/Ts?
As usual huge thanks and best wishes to all,
A

Well, my deal on 5 BFG A/Ts has fallen through - so back to tyre shopping. As I said earlier I don't like the M/Ts I've got on there at present [especially in the wet - some of which will be coming along soon]
My spare is an unused Cooper Discoverer S/T and best value plan seems to be to buy four of them.
Any views on the Coopers? Rain, snow etc.? Or are they just the same as the BFG M/Ts?
As usual huge thanks and best wishes to all,
A
I have used the Cooper STT's for many years now, I think they are much the same as BFG's in the mud, I've never driven either in snow, but I think the Coopers are better in the wet than BFG's

BFG A/T Ko2 is the best I ever tried on wet roads, year after year.
My experience with cooper is that they are OK the first year, but deteriorate after that. They are also not as puncture proof as others.

Back