Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyres scrubbing

No problem. I think I have seen more than one shim before. I blob a bit of oil on them to get them to stick in place
All good now. VC remov d and lc running perfectly now. It’ll make it a lot easier if n sainsbury’s Car park now!
Now onto the next issue. Water loss from radiator!
Thanks for your input.

Well done that man. Is it worth trying to resurrect the VC? I feel that the 80 really is at its best with the VC. I had a GS without one and just never felt right about it so I put one in. I wondered if heating the thing up might get the insides moving. Of course if you're not bothered about the VC then fair enough. Not a big job to drop another in if you source one.

I had assumed the VC fails due to spinning up for too long a period by inconsiderate driving. It thereby heats up too much and the inside buckles. If that is the case it won't free off. Ha ha I put mine back in too but I won't be spinning up the front or rear axle.

Well done that man. Is it worth trying to resurrect the VC? I feel that the 80 really is at its best with the VC. I had a GS without one and just never felt right about it so I put one in. I wondered if heating the thing up might get the insides moving. Of course if you're not bothered about the VC then fair enough. Not a big job to drop another in if you source one.
If I come across one I might Chris, but I have to iron out various other issues. It seems this LC has been treated quite badly by it's previous owner!

I had assumed the VC fails due to spinning up for too long a period by inconsiderate driving. It thereby heats up too much and the inside buckles. If that is the case it won't free off. Ha ha I put mine back in too but I won't be spinning up the front or rear axle.
It does show signs of having been too hot. If I get a mo, open it up and see what's inside.

Back