Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Unable to clear dash - DPF Full warning

cruiserman

Country Flag
uk
Hi Every one . Would just like to ask for any suggestions.
This 2015 v8 diesel is my latest LC (have had 8 since 1987 & Still have a 2005 100 series - slow but always gets there)
Does anyone know how to remove the DPF Full warning, Have removed - cleaned DPF's , checked back pressure via diff pressure sensor values (Techstream - official copy)/ temperature sensors - all ok / performed forced regen (by diagnostic & dash button), No white smoke & sufficient temperature so assume 5th injector working ok .
Temperature goes to approx 580 Deg c- hot enough on both banks, but 1 dpf shows 3 % soot the other 200 % soot ? - but are completely clear. Also connected physical gauge to diff pressure pipe - back pressure is virtually zero as sensor confirms.

As the dash button actually work the ecu thinks it is truly blocked. have reset Catalyst aging via techstream
Would really appreciate any suggestions .
Thanks
David

Could be a faulty pressure sensor. Try swapping the pressure sensors and see if the full dpf changes banks too. I've known the ecu (VAG not Toyota) to show good values in diagnostic software, whilst also saying dpf full, with a sensor on its way out. Don't have a dpf equipped Toyota, but dpf faults are almost always the pipes to sensors collapse internally, faulty sensor, or 5th 'injector' blocked.

Welcome to the forum.

I know it's a stupid / obvious question but have you followed the procedure in the manual?

Attachments

• DPF.JPG
    DPF.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 90
Sorry it's late ,but thanks for the replies.
I had already swopped the diff sensors (Toyota charge over £700 for them !!) there was no change . The regen button only works as the ecu believes one of the dpf's really is blocked (200 %) ,but having physically measured the back pressure which is virtually zero. The push bottom regen if left will run for approx 1 hour 10 mins when it stops storing a fault code for taking too long !
David

Is there a calculated soot value, as well as measured? You mentioned resetting catalyst aging, but the DPF's are not CATs. Might/should be another procedure to reset the calculated soot value? That's what you do on VAG, so it relearns soot from the sensors/measured value. Can't think why else it would still report DPF full if the pressure and sensor is aok. Also, if pipes, sensors etc were all ok, you shouldn't have needed to clean the dpf's so maybe the 5th 'injector' is sooted up or failed in some way causing this situation. Can't do a regen without that extra fuel.

Thanks for reply, the diagnostic (Launch tool) is the same as the Techstream have used both ,they do not have a dedicated DPF reset for DPF having been cleaned or replaced !.So it seems to me it must use :- Regen performed - completed / diff pressure reduction during / max sustained temp during regen to calculate remaining soot ? - temp max at 578 deg C on both , I thought that was enough ,but may be not.

Have been looking for the 5th injectors (1 for each bank), have been through every manual / video I can find, none show where they are on the D4D 4.5 V8 used in the LC200. having removed the intercooler & top half of the inlet manifold so I can see more ? -still cannot see any sign of them or the wiring to them. Toyota charge £ 549 each - Does any know where they are fitted .
Many Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have a similar issue on my 65 plate J200, Bank 1 2%soot bank 2 200% soot but have cleaned DPF and sensor values show low diff pressure. Bank 2 on N/S won't get above 400 deg Bank 1 over 600 deg, Have changed 5th injector still no difference , any luck with your Toyota ?
Local main dealer looked and just wanted to blitz it and change every sensor, new DPF and CAT over £5K

Back