Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What Model Year VDJ200 (European) are DPF equipped?

I also have a 2011 Euro 4 200 sold new in Germany. My impression is that these dpf's were retrofitted in Europe upon arrival. I got a bunch of documentation about it with the car. Parts list as well as TÜV-certification.

As already mentioned these are passive filters i.e there are no sensors and no active regeneration. It also means that the ECU won't know if you remove them and it will not trigger any fault codes.

2012 and later Euro 5 cars have active dpf's.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected. All good information. Have you removed your filters yet?

I have an extra exhaust system for offroad driving with 2.5 inch downpipes, 200 cell Euro 4 cats and then a single 3 inch all the way back.:) Just for fun I did MOT with that exhaust fitted and smoke level was way below the requirement for my car.

What I did notice with the standard system was that sometimes after a time of mainly stop and go traffic i could get a puff of smoke when giving it the beans on to a freeway. I guess the filters collected some soot that then was released when the pressure/exhaust flow got high. In a sense regeneration of the filter...:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
I have an extra exhaust system for offroad driving with 2.5 inch downpipes, 200 cell Euro 4 cats and then a single 3 inch all the way back.:) Just for fun I did MOT with that exhaust fitted and smoke level was way below the requirement for my car.

What I did notice with the standard system was that sometimes after a time of mainly stop and go traffic i could get a puff of smoke when giving it the beans on to a freeway. I guess the filters collected some soot that then was released when the pressure/exhaust flow got high. In a sense regeneration of the filter...:tearsofjoy:
I bet that sounds lovely!

Back