Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrade AHC

arnonmg

Country Flag
israel
Merry Christmas ...
I am new here and recently bought LC 100, 2006 - there are only few of them in Israel...

Had issues with one of the front suspension and wonder if I have to replace the bad one only or both? Like to here you opinion ...

While look for an upgraded system (without eliminate the AHC) I found this company and its unique solution - down..
Appreciate your answers ...

B and B Suspension LLC-(B&B)- develops and sells accumulators for special applications.

We are a small, but world wide business specializing in suspension accumulators for the , Lexus LX 470,Toyota Land Cruiser, and Infiniti Q45a. We also service hydraulic valves and pumps for Mercedes M-100 series cars and restore accumulators for the Porsche 959 super-car and other high end cars with hydraulic accumulators, including some Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus and others. Our '959' restorations use the OEM aluminum shell but incorporate all new internals so they function and appear as new OEM units--but with adjustable pressure!

Over 30 years as an engineer and Project Manager designing and building oil and chemical refineries and the experience of restoring and maintaining my Citroen SM and Mercedes hydraulic suspensions led us to starting, in 1996, this business refurbishing accumulators for the Infiniti Q45a. Since that time we have completed more than 1000 units for the Infiniti and helped keep these high performance soon-to-be collector cars 'active' and affordable. One of our stock'94 Q45a cars, with 163k miles, 'runs with Porsches' at High Speed Driver Education events and beats all but turbo-Porsches around the track.

For nearly 3 years, B&B searched world wide, without success, for an alternative source of LX-470 accumulators. B&B decided to develop and produce parts for new accumulators to meet the requirements of the LX-470. This exclusive design is believed to be more durable than the OEM unit. It can also be recharged or the pressure increased to improve carrying capacity and ride quality for heavy loads if needed.

The pre-charge gas in ANY accumulator slowly migrates out through the diaphragm(like air leaks out of your tires),and the accumulators will slowly loose the ability to absorb bumps causing the ride quality to suffer. Eventually the ride becomes very harsh and there is no suspension travel left. The accumulators must be replaced or recharged if designed for recharging--like ours.

DO NOT REMOVE THE AHC SYSTEM on LX-470 or LC-100 vehicles and replace with after-market springs and shocks! This can be very dangerous. AHC includes an active stability control system. It automatically stiffens the shocks to greatly reduce body sway and substantially reduces roll-over potential during emergency conditions such as abrupt lane changes, tire blow-outs, dropping a wheel off the outside edge of the pavement,etc. Your insurance company may deny coverage of your 'modified vehicle' after you have such an accident.

When ordering from B&B, you are dealing directly with the Owners. There are no 'middlemen'. Our custom made parts come directly from the manufacturers, we assemble,pre-charge with Argon and test each one before shipping it to you--anywhere in the world. We will personally take your phone calls and respond to your emails with pleasure because happy customers mean a happy business.

Sincerely,

Keith E. Bowers, Managing Director

P.S. On the web, I have noticed that the LX or LC suspension accumulators are sometimes referred to as nitrogen globes, damping globes, height control actuators, or AHC shocks (on the Lexus.) The 'shock like' things are simple hydraulic jack rams and never, ever need replacing.

NOTE: AHC PUMP Lexus part numbers: pump sub-assembly #48901-60010; o-ring #90301-0612; o-ring # " -7003; Lexus/Toyota AHC suspension oil #0886-01805.

Arnonmg

Had issues with one of the front suspension and wonder if I have to replace the bad one only or both? Like to here you opinion ...

While look for an upgraded system (without eliminate the AHC) I found this company and its unique solution - down..
Appreciate your answers ...
I've heard both good and bad about B&B, most negative I think. On this forum, OTOH, there's a recommendation for a company called Pleiades, about which I've heard only good, and better than good. Search 'Pleiades' in the 100-forum. In fact, I think (after reading your posts) you should read a few more of the forum posts on these matters.

When you say "one of the front suspension", what do you mean? One of the front suspension what?

BTW, having the FSM and a code reader (TechStream or Toyo-Intelligent-Tester) is crucial for maintaining the AHC.

I will definitely search for more info and support- spend more then hour per day on these forums...

I had leakage in the right front shock absorber so I replaced it
Will try to repair it and keep it as spear

I'm very fond of the AHC and want to keep it - very comfortable

Any how your comment was right to the point - looking for OBD scanner this morning
Can't decide yet...

Thank you for the tip - will keep search the web

Happy new year!

Arnonmg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419544552.203075.jpg

Arnonmg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
...I had leakage in the right front shock absorber so I replaced it
Will try to repair it and keep it as spear
Pics of the innards would be nice. Can it be repaired? Awaiting the write-up.

Will take few weeks - flying to India on Sunday for two weeks..

Arnonmg

Back