Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrade - Updates on what is hapening

AFAIK you don't have to sign up for a PayPal account to use PayPal to send money, just a debit or credit card to fill in the details like a normal online purchase.

Some more payments received, funds now at £262.00, WOW, thanks a lot guys soon I will have enough to buy some beers :lol:

Can you please include your forum names with any money sent as I can't match some folks actual names with the forum names.

Money received from these folk:
silvercruiser
Charlie
Andy (I think this is the correct username....)
Gav Peter
Andrew Brierley
Andy Cook
piers_finlayson
Munster

james m (not sure what your forum name is, can you please pm me and I will correct this)

PM's sent to fast but dim and munster

Thanks

Andy (I think this is the correct username....)

Yes, thats me & correct user name!!!!

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:shock: :shock: thanks folks!!

So the new forum is sort of up and running. I did a few tests over the weekend and it seems to be good to go. I did notice a few of you lurking on it ;)

There are a couple of things I will be getting as well which cost not a lot of money so anything left over from the main purchase will go towards those. The one is a nice shiny skin which looks a whole bunch better than the default one. It's a good starting point towards getting it looking nice. The other is an anti-spam thing (need a reminder on that one Paul) which will make the mod's life a lot easier when it comes to spammmers.

I'm hoping to do the main migration tomorrow night or Wednesday night. While this is happening you will be able to read the current forum but not post. The new forum will appear blank while I am doing this so you won't see anything there.
Once it is all done, I will turn the new forum on for all to see. The process takes around 2 hours from start to finish.
All posts up to the point I make the forum read-only will be copied across. You should then be able to resume posting on the new site.

Your accounts will be ported over along with all your details except your passwords. To login, you will have to reset your account as if you lost your password. You'll then get an email to click on and enter a new password. I will send out a mass activation email to all account holders when it is all ready. You should just be able to click on the link in the email to activate it.

There are a number of oddities in the ported data and some things might be weird. I'll start a thread for reporting it where you can let me know.
One example I found was that I could not send a PM to someone. I'll get those fixed once the main thing is up and running.

Well, that is the current plan. I'll put a post up before I start but there won't be much of a warning.

Thanks again for the help in paying for the software and thanks to Tony for organising it. Let hope he does not run away and buy a private island with it :)

Al sounds good to me Crispin, I'm sad to say all this techno chat is way over my head, er :think: . . . BTW are you any good at turning lead into gold and water into wine as well.
thanks-068.jpg
... :lol:

Chas, if you want a more up to date photo of me you just have to ask. ;)

Crispin said:
Or check him out on Smugmug ? :thumbup:

Very cool :thumbup:
[attachment=0:19xpgwfp]CP.jpg[/attachment:19xpgwfp]

Gra.

Attachments

• CP.jpg
    CP.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 81
Graham said:
Crispin said:
Or check him out on Smugmug ? :thumbup:

Very cool :thumbup:
[attachment=0:3qsem6l4]CP.jpg[/attachment:3qsem6l4]

Gra.
Looks a bit 'shifty' to me. :lol:

Crispin said:
.... The other is an anti-spam thing (need a reminder on that one Paul) ....
PM sent :thumbup:

Funds update...... £300

Thanks to these folk:
Gav Peter
Lorin
Hans
MikeA
euangeraghty

If you have sent me money and I have missed your name off in this thread please let me know... my tracking system is creaking :lol:

Cheers

Gav Peter said:
Hell, did I send you two lots Tony???

The second lot is for my beer fund :lol:

Nah just a tracking/typo by me.

EDIT: Oh add phil the brewer to the list :thumbup:

Cheers

My modest contribution now made too :thumbup: Amazing how when contributions are requested voluntarily, there's a rush for paypal. :clap: Well done to all!

Thanks to all who have generously donated towards this upgrade.

Funds are now at £360 :shock: and at this point we are closing the collection. Any more money and that would just be greedy (I like my beer, but I can only drink so much :lol: ).

So thanks again, and hopefully we will have a new platform which will drive the club forward for another few years! :thumbup: I will compile the list of contributors and post up the final list.

Crispin, best you deliver boet! :whistle:

Eish. £360 :shock:

Thanks folks. That more than covers the new forum with change for some plugins and stickers :)

The default mobile theme is not bad but there is a specific mobile plugin which I might now take a look at and see if it is better than tapatalk. (I'm sure I saw that tapatalk supports vB so will look into that ASAP as well)

Thanks again to all and to Tony for making it happen. (Not if only I knew who he was and where he lived...)

The new site looks different any way.

When will we be using it?

Gra.

Back