Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upper lamps

Sag

Hi all.
I'm just woundering what the difference is between an fj90 rear upper lamps 01 onwards to a fj90 1997/99 please as I'm looking at some upper lamps and not sure if they will fit.
Many thanks
Shaun.

Afaik, it's the colour of the lenses really. Other than that I don't think there's any difference in fitting

01 on had clear tops and the older version had red that faded to pink.
Same fitment.
JDM import ones had the indicators in the tops and were orange.

Thanks so much for your replys,il go ahead and get these ordered.
thanks
shaun.

Well ordered the upper lamps last night and also bought some new front headlights and side lights the twin head light ones,bit of a late christmas present for the lc.il get some pics up when I get them fitted.

Well both lots of lamps came,having to send front ones back as came in chrome instead of black surrounds and halo rings not working,other than that look good,fitted rear upper lamps and wired them up,il get some more pics when it comes dark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 607
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice - really looking forward to seeing the fronts and how much of a transformation they make. Fancy a pair myself........

Can't go wrong for the price,a lot brighter with 2 reversing lights as well.

So just to confirm, you have wired the whole lot in? i.e. so you not only have 2 reverse lights but also indicators and park/brake lights in the upper lamps too?

That's right mate looks a lot better really don't understand why it wasn't like that in the first place,would put photos up but won't for some reason

2 reverse lamps makes a noticeable difference. Did it DIY on mine. How much were the upper lamps if you don't mind me asking? I presume they came with bulb holders etc

Yeh came with bulbs in as well,ebay item number 141527515348 worked out $90 in the end including postage

Well at long last the front lights came,got them fitted just got to wire the other halos up now.il get some better photos tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    876.5 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 167
They look great Sag - quite interested in a set myself now......:whistle:

Where did those front lights come from?
Got them off ebay Buddy,if you can hang on I'm trying to get a good deal off them for the forum as I know they can do better than the price they advertise already,il let you all know when they get back to me.
yeh very pleased with em if I'm honest as I did have my doubts,they is a proberlem with the earth to the halos so il be putting a better earth to them as the one on them doesn't work for some reason so I found out yesterday,other than that I'm happy.

Got them off ebay Buddy,if you can hang on I'm trying to get a good deal off them for the forum as I know they can do better than the price they advertise already,il let you all know when they get back to me.
yeh very pleased with em if I'm honest as I did have my doubts,they is a proberlem with the earth to the halos so il be putting a better earth to them as the one on them doesn't work for some reason so I found out yesterday,other than that I'm happy.

Were they supposed to be plug and play or is there additional wiring required on top of the OEM loom?

They do look good and really update the looks of the truck. (As with the 80 series lights in Clive H's thread) they add form and function, so can't really argue with that! :thumbup:

Were they supposed to be plug and play or is there additional wiring required on top of the OEM loom?

They do look good and really update the looks of the truck. (As with the 80 series lights in Clive H's thread) they add form and function, so can't really argue with that! :thumbup:
Well as good As plug and play,I've just got to put an earth now for the halos.

Back