Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Urgent help with suspension problem please

goodwood1

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All

Got a 2000 W reg Landcruiser Amazon 100 4.7 V8 Petrol.

Car drove amazing, suspension all worked with height control.

Car goes in for MOT and oil and filter - to my trusted garage and replace the rear tow bar 7 pin socket.

Go to pick it up and the front is like this, low to the ground and wont go up,

It, wont go up or down on the front suspension only. If you change from N to H, it just flashes does not move.

If I jack up the car and Press H, it goes into H but the suspension does not go up.

If this an issue with height control sensor, and if so where are these located , within the shock?

or is it more troublesome than this ? as mentioned it worked fine before the put it on the jack to do oil and filter and MOT

The garage can find what the problem is , and cant plug into the old diagnosis plug.

Any advice welcome please

AB

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 40
If you have a look underneath front drivers wing about 10 inches from shock to the rear you will see a leveling device with some electrical connection someone may be able to get a picture up later also have a look for oil leaking around the shocks and hydraulic pipes and check the fluid level in the reservoir which is on passenger side close to the bonnet hinge best I can do right now

cheers, no leaks, levels all good. we are going to replace the front sensors and see if that works .

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say disconnect mechanical arm first and move up and down on both sides sounds unusual for both to fail at the same time you could also try jacking up front end raise the suspension then slowly lower the jack and see if front keeps the pressure up also chase the wires from level sensors to pump as mechanic my have knocked a connection loose during inspection

Plug it in to techstream and see what the computer says is wrong. If you don't have techstream, maybe someone local to you does? Better than guessing ...

Only just spotted this Goodwood! I’ve got quite a few AHC parts (sensors, spheres, accumulator, pump) let me know if you need anything
Hope you get it sorted!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
First and foremost: You need TechStream on an old laptop, or some other code reader, if you have a 100-series. That makes it much easier to adjust functions and find faults.

Most likely this is a sensor problem. Either mechanically (link/arm), internally (most common), or a cabling problem. I have seen broken wire both at the plug of the sensor and at the plug on top of the inner fender. But most common is linkage or worn/corroded innards.

Just a thought.... did they lift it on a four post ramp ?
This will have allowed the front suspension to have gone into full droop and thereby making the height sensor which is only a potentiometer go to a part of the internal track that is never normally used .... that if corroded could cause the sensor to fail .

Back