Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

USB media player compatible with 2003 on 100 series?

knicko

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I would like to improve the choice of media (music) whilst retaining the factory spec touchscreen set up.

I'm not keen on the Tesla screen replacement as research suggests this is far from perfect, despite the hefty price.

I came across this kit which states it is compatible with other Toyota models. It plugs into the rear of the factory audio unit, replacing the CD player plug.

Yatour adapter audio compatible with TOYOTA : Auris , Corolla Lexus, compatible with iPhone, iPad , iPod , AUX Bluetooth Yatour adapter audio compatible with TOYOTA : Auris , Corolla Lexus, compatible with iPhone, iPad , iPod , AUX Bluetooth : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Anyone seen the back of the audio kit on later 100s and know whether the plug on this Yatour kit looks the same as the CD plug? Alternatively, has anyone got experience of another similar product. It's the ability to run a USB stick or SD card with mp3 music through the factory head unit that I'm after. Don't really like the kits that plug into the cassette deck though.
I use an android (Samsung) phone so not bothered about iPhone connectivity.

Thanks.

A bit more research on my part reveals there are different versions of the Yatour products, depending which shape plug is required.

Google image of the rear of my type of audio 'head unit' is like this...
Screenshot_20220126-185624_eBay.jpg

If anyone can tell me which of those sockets the CD changer plug goes in to, I can probably work out which version of the Yatour I need.

Do euro models not come with DIN radios? Isn’t it cheaper/easier/better to just swap an aftermarket double DIN head unit in and use the generic spacers that come with them to fill the 1/2” gap either side?

The later 100 series (5 speed facelift) had a different audio system where some of the audio controls are on the touchscreen (shared with climate control, satnav, etc) and then there is the head unit (inc cassette deck) below it.
The Tesla unit I mentioned is a replacement for the whole lot but I'm not encouraged by the reviews so don't want to go that route.
If you're willing to sacrifice the CD changer, the Yatour kit I'm looking at will plug into the rear of the head unit where the CD changer was plugged in. This is my preferred option as it will allow up to 100 folders (therefore albums) to be accessed through the touchscreen and buttons on front of head unit, plus access from steering wheel controls (although don't use these as I find it more distracting and fiddly than just reaching for the dash controls).

like you i wanted to be able to play my music through the stereo off my usbs easiest solution is buy a usb player that sends out fm signal and plays through your radio think it only cost me around 20 pounds excellant bit of kit just plugs into cigar lighter socket

Knicko I haven’t used it myself but I believe a Teyes CC3 does what you’re looking for, but an FM transmitter would be a cheaper and easier option.
I’m currently working on swapping out the whole factory touch screen head unit for rotary climate control switch’s and an aftermarket head unit, but that’s because I want different functionality

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I’ve never had a problem with my Tesla screen and I dab radio Spotify ect

GROM Audio have at least three options for a 2003 hundy

THey have one that replaces the CD changer with a touchscreen setup, might be worth looking at?

I’ve put in the Teyes CC3 unit, pretty good. Added in the DAB+ bits onto one of the USB slots and about to add a USB based TPMS system.

Jon W also installed the same unit I think. Huge improvement over OEM screen and Bluetooth….
20230123_133233.jpg
IMG-20230123-WA0004.jpg

Last edited:
Haha these LC's need some serious destruction just to change the radio!!! 120 was just as bad...

Back