V8 inlet manifold removal

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Part of the install of my LPG kit is to fit the gas injection nozzles into the inlet manifold and as that involves drilling and tapping holes it means the manifold needs to come off.

Engine cover off:
Image0072.jpg

Removed the air pipe / box that runs from the filter to the throttle body:
Image0076.jpg

Disconnected the injectors and various pipes including the fuel line in and return. Unbolted the throttle body and pulled it forwards out of the way:

Image0078.jpg

Unbolted the manifold and off she comes. Now you can see the starter motor :roll:

Image0081.jpg

Can't think where all that mud came from :mrgreen:

underside of the manifold:

Image0083.jpg

side view:

Image0084.jpg

The LPG kit instructions say the gas nozzles must be within 50mm of the petrol injectors and central especially on multi-valve inlets. Mmm, I've seen installs on this engine where the nozzle was shoved in the side but does that mean it won't mix / disperse as well?

I decided to go round the back :roll:

Image0086.jpg

That's a nice central spot similar to the petrol injector, just makes it hard to leak test them because they'll be inaccesible once the manifold is back on the engine. Only time will tell if it was a good choice or not.

Jon i hope you will be doing an LPG install write up, would be great to see what's involved as im considering doing one on my volvo.

Yes I will, hopefully getting it all hooked up over the next couple of weeks.

Don't break it - you don't want to have to buy the 80 back - again - to go to France in :shock: :lol: :lol:

Back