Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VIN # doesnt show up online- is that sketchy or normal?

Country Flag
dominican_republic
Hi all-

Missionary in Dominican Republic. Have been looking for a Land Cruiser 70 series 12 passenger for a long time and finally went to see the one and only vehicle available here in DR this past weekend. The car was in great shape but when I enter the Vin number online, nothing comes up. Here is the vin number: jterb71j500095698.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Isn't this it ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240116-095046.png
    Screenshot_20240116-095046.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 15
What are you trying to achieve?

If the vin number is on the legal paperwork, it's on the vehicle itself in the right place, it's on the Toyota decoder website... You could ask for the original invoice ( and the import docs) to really really make sure it's a good vin.

Then you still need to check the vehicle for mechanical fitness and service status, fluids condition etc.

It's on the toyodiy website, but doesn't show up on other websites. Also, I've researched that in the 10th place of the vin, a O or 0 cannot be used or does not exist. In the 10th place of our vin, there is a 0. Something just seems sketchy to me, especially being in the Dominican Republic where there is a high vehicle falsification rate. The vehicle costs 48,000 US and it's for an organization. Want to make sure everything is legal and on the straight and narrow.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Is there a local Toyota dealership you can get to inspect the vehicle?

Maybe ask the seller for the invoices and query them with the Toyota company directly?

Back